LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

2006 Impala SS VS 2011 Mustang V6

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboymike68
I have raced on of those on the high way before and didnt have any trouble with it. I never tried to race one from a dig though. check the tuning on your car if you have a tune.
Tuning is right at where it needs to be . I've actually managed my best time with my current tune ( 13.1 @ 104 ) maybe the one you raced was stock .
Old 02-26-2013, 02:00 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Apparently I'm the only one around here who can speak both w-body AND f-body...

Originally Posted by "MAC"
actually my tunner builds these 5.3L motors a long with a lot of other motors and I can get a turbo 5.3L from him for 7k and have 1000rwhp clearly you dont know what your capable of with your car then again im sure you probably put 20in spinners on your ride....
You're talking about an iron block, vortec 5.3. They take the boost because of the iron block. 1000hp is pretty high, but it wouldn't surprise me. 700-800 is pretty normal with a big turbo 5.3.

Originally Posted by Lt_Crazy
LOL even with 1000hp, u won't be going anywhere in these cars cause the tranny will implode!!!!

On a seriouse note, ur egine will never hold up if u run a turbo with enough boost for 1000hp....
You're thinking of the aluminum block LS4 5.3. They can't handle the boost like an iron block can, but still have potential like any LS. They just suffer from awful packaging (lack of space as engine compartment made for a V6, intake and accessories on the "wrong" side of the motor) a weak transmission, and of course FWD.

This was more for MAC as I'm sure you guys already know all of this.

anyways, back to newbs taking the bait from stopsign's unintentional trolling maybe???
Old 02-26-2013, 09:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ is why I don't post here much anymore.

Owning an F-body and an LS4 car means I can see both sides, and usually it's the F-body guys coming over here and acting like douchebags. Ditto for the Mustang owners who think their high-12, low-13 second cars are the shiz-nit.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both of yall are complete idiots first i said id buy the 5.3L that the guy builds n second that means the 5.3L is turbo and with his own set up so what ever kind of heads he has would come with the motor as for all i need to do is spend good money on a tranny that will hold up to it and n good rear end that wouldnt break with kinda power. So the question really is why do you guys have a ***** front wheel drive impala when real men use rear wheel drive and bring the front tires off the grond. Bitches aint nothin but hoes n tricks just like your hot wheels of an excusse impala!!!
to bad my FWD car would go circles around your car... To bad YOUR car can't lift the front wheels either
Old 02-26-2013, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats funny because my car ran high 12s with headers lid and tune but yea this v6 mustang can beat my car no problem.......
Stock It maybe not be able to smash your car but it will be clearly in sight right on your *** lol.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
to bad my FWD car would go circles around your car... To bad YOUR car can't lift the front wheels either
Good point. It's a good bet his mild build with a cam and "hand job" heads won't even come close to pulling the fronts off the ground. Hell, I'm, swapped with all the mods except FI and I can't even do it, but I do know I could destroy that a-hole's car. And I wouldn't even need to spray.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:32 AM
12 Second Club

Bump
Old 03-05-2013, 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=DavidGXP;17173638]No doubt you have a nice car, and good luck with your build Most of our cars are daily driven "PURE STREET" cars that run mid to high 13's. FWD works just fine for a daily. Slow as crap? I don't think so.. a 2005-2008 SS will smoke the dog **** out of a 80's Monte SS. I'm pretty sure most can beat the LT1 Impala SS's wih ease. BBC is beat left for tow trucks and drag cars IMO.

I wanted just that a pure street car that can be daily driven. I got impatient and ended up with my skittle. Still would love to own gxp and maybe turbo it
Old 03-05-2013, 11:56 AM
12 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...l#post17202559
Old 03-06-2013, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

good ****. i like it. i dont really know why there are some many nonbelievers. the ls4 cars arent the slowest things out there.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks! Maybe the owner is a member here? Would make for a hell of a rematch if we both left at the same time.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
Good point. It's a good bet his mild build with a cam and "hand job" heads won't even come close to pulling the fronts off the ground. Hell, I'm, swapped with all the mods except FI and I can't even do it, but I do know I could destroy that a-hole's car. And I wouldn't even need to spray.
I believe you would have to spray considering im putting the same amount of power if not more at the wheels from a roll yes you would eat me up all day long but from a dig id win not by much so you needing your NAWZ yea you would need that and its also funny that you say you cant even lift the front tires off of the ground. The solution is simple have the right suspension set up and rear end set up with the right tires and then you would be able to do this.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Im sure it will considering more than likely your car is turbo and we all know your car is a lot lighter than mine but you see you pretty much have an american version of a ricer car so your point really aint that great we all know what happens when a person puts a turbo on a ls1. Which pretty much means you see the tail lights of a turbo v8 all day and night congrats Ricer you didnt accomplish anything really.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im sure it will considering more than likely your car is turbo and we all know your car is a lot lighter than mine but you see you pretty much have an american version of a ricer car so your point really aint that great we all know what happens when a person puts a turbo on a ls1. Which pretty much means you see the tail lights of a turbo v8 all day and night congrats Ricer you didnt accomplish anything really.
He built a faster vehicle than you using a car that has less "potential" at the track. I would say he accomplished something. Now stop getting so butthurt.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

A few years back when I bought my Z28 I was deciding between it and a 2007 Monte Carlo SS. Part of me wishes I had the comfort and luxury of the Monte, but when I push the pedal down to the floor I'm glad I got the Z28.

Unfortunately, I have never raced an LS4 car, so I don't know exactly how they fare against the LS1. I have however raced a new V6 Mustang from a 70 roll on the interstate. Those things are quick for being a V6, I still pulled away from him steadily though.

You should go back to the track with those new mods and see if you can't pull a 13.2 or something, you've gotta be quicker now!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Also, I'm sorry, but that 3.7 badge on the side of the Mustang looks nice, but my honest opinion is it's a little gay. Not many people brag about having a V6 or only 3.7 liters of displacement.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoHope
A few years back when I bought my Z28 I was deciding between it and a 2007 Monte Carlo SS. Part of me wishes I had the comfort and luxury of the Monte, but when I push the pedal down to the floor I'm glad I got the Z28.

Unfortunately, I have never raced an LS4 car, so I don't know exactly how they fare against the LS1. I have however raced a new V6 Mustang from a 70 roll on the interstate. Those things are quick for being a V6, I still pulled away from him steadily though.

You should go back to the track with those new mods and see if you can't pull a 13.2 or something, you've gotta be quicker now!
It's def 6 of one, half dozen of the other. My wife has an 02 Z28 she bought new in 02. We just picked up an 07 GXP as my new DD. The Camaro certainly is fun and more raw. It has easier potential for speed. However, it certainly lacks many of the creature comforts, features, etc of the GXP. Several times since we bought the GXP my wife has asked if we can trade DD. Is her Camaro faster? Probably, but it would be a drivers race every time.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
It's def 6 of one, half dozen of the other. My wife has an 02 Z28 she bought new in 02. We just picked up an 07 GXP as my new DD. The Camaro certainly is fun and more raw. It has easier potential for speed. However, it certainly lacks many of the creature comforts, features, etc of the GXP. Several times since we bought the GXP my wife has asked if we can trade DD. Is her Camaro faster? Probably, but it would be a drivers race every time.
Well the Camaro is more of a muscle car, it's not meant to have all the extra amenities and creature comforts, those add weight and price, where the Camaro is supposed to be a cheap car with plenty of raw performance. The GXP tries to blend both. Having my Camaro as my DD, I certainly do miss the comfort of other cars, so I know where you're coming from.

A driver's race? As I've said, I have never raced an LS4 in my Z28, but they weigh more than an F-body, are at a 50HP disadvantage, and will have more traction issues being FWD, I don't see it really being a driver's race...

But, I don't really want to get in on this F-body vs W-body and LS1 vs LS4 fighting, both are LS engine based cars, both offer something the other does not. The F-body has more performance capabilities, the W-body is more comfortable and has a lot more interior space, and is frankly built better, minus the weak transmission.

The V6's of today are very impressive machines, kicking over V8's less than 10 years old impresses me.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoHope

A driver's race? As I've said, I have never raced an LS4 in my Z28, but they weigh more than an F-body, are at a 50HP disadvantage, and will have more traction issues being FWD, I don't see it really being a driver's race....
How do you figure the 50 hp advantage? Are you talking about the GTP's or GXP's?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
How do you figure the 50 hp advantage? Are you talking about the GTP's or GXP's?
LS1= 350HP

LS4 = 303HP

47HP advantage to the LS1.

Quick Reply: 2006 Impala SS VS 2011 Mustang V6