LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Kawal Aux-3 harness in GXP.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawal Aux-3 harness in GXP.

After emailing back and forth with Mr. Kawal for quite some time a few months ago, I narrowed my search for an auxiliary input down to his AUX-3 harness. I considered the GM PAL setup, but unfortunately it wouldn't be compatible with my iPhone 5 (stupid Apple and their Lightning connector.)

So, my question to you guys is about the compatibility of the AUX-3 harness in my 2007 GXP. It has NAV, Monsoon, and XM which I want to retain functionality of as I subscribe to it. Is the AUX-3 harness compatible with my car and will it accomplish what I need to?

Looking for anyone that has experience in this particular subject. All I want is to add a simple auxiliary input to my car. I'd like to thank GM for not including it from the factory, for whatever ridiculous reason.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Sorry, forgot to include the link to the harness.

http://www.kawal.net/auxinput.htm
Old 11-11-2012, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neat , let us know how it works out.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.grandprixforums.net/how-a...-xm-21849.html
This is the setup I used. Unplug the jack and xm works. I like it but I'm cheap. There are some really nice setups out there. Search iPod jack in the LS4 section. Oh and I don't think that pt# is right but if you go into Radio Shack they'll have one on the shelf.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the GM PAL and it works great. I would imagine this would work also. What has Ray said about it?
Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Teching In

He has said that he believes it will work out. Upon further inspection of the harness leading out the back of the radio, it looks like it is the same setup as the Corvette nav.

However, that link that Brian posted is sparking my interest once again. I have no idea why after looking at that probably 100 times that I didn't just take the plunge and do that. It seems simple enough.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Teching In

I did the radio shack mod, it's basically the same as his aux-1 harness but you save $20.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Good, good. I will be attempting it tonight. I will post outcome to follow.

Unless it's a failure. Then I will spare myself the embarrassment.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Just wanted to give everyone an update on the procedure. Please don't mind the fact that it was much later than expected, work has been killer.

Anyways, I followed the procedure on GPF and it works! The signal comes in strong and sounds great and it all cost me about about $25 as I had to buy 22 gauge wire and an auxiliary cord. My only problem is that because the Radioshack jack is so small (more specifically the terminals on the back) are SO small that it is incredible difficult to solder. As a result of this my XM signal is obstructed because two of the wires seem to be touching. This is an easy fix and will take care of it sometime this week.

Now, this is not to say that Ray doesn't make a great product because I'm positive of the fact that he does. Unfortunately, this was the route I decided to go to save a little bit of money. So I still highly encourage anyone who is in the same boat as I am to buy Ray's PAL system or Aux harness if you are not sure of how to go about doing the custom install.

Any questions I will be happy to answer.

Quick Reply: Kawal Aux-3 harness in GXP.