LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

car says rear turn lamp is out...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car says rear turn lamp is out...

MY car keeps saying I have a rear turn lamp out but I really don't it works and flashes faster than normal what would cause this?
Old 08-05-2013, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

When your bulb is about to go out itll flash rapid like that. Probably why you are getting a notification too. Go by an auto parts store and get a new one for like 2 bucks.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:51 AM
Teching In

Never heard of one flashing fast cause it's "about" to go out. Sure it's not a front bulb out?
Old 08-06-2013, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

i have aftermarket heads and tails the rear bulbs is a led pack... could this be coming from a bad bcm
Old 08-06-2013, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've never heard of lights flashing more rapidly when they're about to go out either. But, when your turn lamps go out your turn signal on the dash will flash more rapidly as an indication of the turn lamp being out.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

leds will flash faster with out a relay. Your dic thinks its a bulb out. You need to tie a relay Into the led bulbs to fix this.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by baltsk8er69
leds will flash faster with out a relay. Your dic thinks its a bulb out. You need to tie a relay Into the led bulbs to fix this.
This. You either need the relay or a resistor kit to fix it.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PurpleHaze9414
i have aftermarket heads and tails the rear bulbs is a led pack... could this be coming from a bad bcm
Ah, I was going to ask that question.

Yes, your resistor pack for your LED taillight is gone. This happened to me and I had to hunt high and low for the replacement resistor pack.

You need to get in touch with a seller on eBay called "revotec."

He/she can get you the replacement resistor from China. It's about $7.50 per resistor. I suggest you buy two as your other one will be going out as well.

Last edited by GXP25; 08-06-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Added some more info.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Teching In

It's blinking fast more than likely because the resistor is defective or missing. Have you compared the fast blinking side with the normal side? Is something noticeably missing on the fast blinking side assembly? I've seen LED light assemblies come with HUGE resistor packs with socket and harness and some are built in. I'm willing to bet it's just a resistor problem. Try testing it by getting a resistor, strip the wires on the resistor (or solder on extensions) and place one end on the black ground of the tail light harness and the other on the yellow wire of the harness. Color code is: Black - ground, yellow - turn signal, brown - parking light. Even just unsheathing a bit of wire on the black and yellow and wrapping the resistor wires around them then turning the signal on should take away the fast blink. If it does then solder it place, put some di-electric grease on the solder connection then tape up the wires real good with electrical tape. One more thing: resistors get HOT! So try to mount it somewhere where it can be air cooled. I mounted mine under the car with zip ties to cool them off. Experience comes from my full LED and HID conversion of every exterior and interior bulb and resistors for all 4 turn signal bulbs including my front switchbacks.

Quick Reply: car says rear turn lamp is out...