LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Anyone with an Impala running 8's in the front and 7's in the rear?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with an Impala running 8's in the front and 7's in the rear?

Just curious to see because I'm thinking of doing it I know the GXP factory wheels are 8 in the front and 7 in the rear for better traction and handling...or thoughts on the idea?

Last edited by Jstill84; 04-21-2017 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Incorrect wheel size
Old 04-21-2017, 01:35 AM
Teching In

On the GXP it's actually 8 in front, 7 in the rear. In addition to the staggered wheel setup, the spring rate, sway bar stiffness, and Bilstein shocks allowed for superior handling. Just putting the staggered tires on could make for an upset suspension and possibly dangerous oversteer.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1FastGXP
On the GXP it's actually 8 in front, 7 in the rear. In addition to the staggered wheel setup, the spring rate, sway bar stiffness, and Bilstein shocks allowed for superior handling. Just putting the staggered tires on could make for an upset suspension and possibly dangerous oversteer.
that's cool I actually did a complete GXP suspension conversion on my Impala. I had to for clearance issues with my downpipe for my turbo kit. That was for the front so I went ahead just did the whole car. But thanks for the the actual wheel size I had it mistaken.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jstill84
that's cool I actually did a complete GXP suspension conversion on my Impala. I had to for clearance issues with my downpipe for my turbo kit. That was for the front so I went ahead just did the whole car. But thanks for the the actual wheel size I had it mistaken.
Your welcome about the size correction. How would you describe the handling after the conversion? I've only ever been in my 05 base Grand Prix and my 08 GXP, with the differences being night and day. I read the Impala SS has a very, how would you describe it, mushy suspension stock. Is that true?
Old 04-24-2017, 06:54 AM
Teching In

Yes the stock setup was horrible especially to come factory on an SS.lets just say i can take turns at twice the speed now.....but honestly i cant really say how much alone the GXP susp.conv. has done for my car because i installed both upper poly motor mounts an all 4 firehawk indy 500's all at the same time.also front and rear don rome strut braces.

Last edited by Jstill84; 04-27-2017 at 06:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone with an Impala running 8's in the front and 7's in the rear?