LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Failing ECM???

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failing ECM???

The other day I was out in the Monte (160,000 miles now) and on the DIC I see the error pop up, "reduced engine power, service throttle" then the engine dies as I roll to a stop. I try for a couple minutes to refire the engine before it finally takes off.. It then happens again about 15 miles down the road. Same thing, after a few mins she re-fires and I make it home. I pull the codes off the ECM and it has P0601 code, ECM issue. Have any of you seen this? PLUS I am running a custom Lew tune in the car with an old Predator U7191. Does anybody out there have the GM_E40 PC Interface software? My original backup file is somewhere on my PC, not on the Predator.. I talked with Lew today and he cannot remember how to reset with the Predators as they are ancient.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are dealing with cold temps lots can happen, I would probably clear the codes and clean the TB and MAF with some CRC products. Unplug the battery and use some electronic cleaner on any electrical connections. Not sure if that is the problem, good luck.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good!! I swapped out the battery today (It would drop to 9 Volts when cranking) (Advance Gold, so it was a freebee) and cleaned the terminals up real good.. I will pull the Throttle Body tomorrow or Sunday and clean it up

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2018, 12:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

if you still have a tune installed in the car from the predator, then the original backup stock tune is saved on the predator.. you can restore the original backup stock tune from the predator to the vehicle..

having the stock tune on your PC does you no good for anything, because you can't get it put into the predator as the "original backup" anyway.. it would be loaded as a custom tune...

you can find links for the predator user manual about 1/3 of the way down the page on diablo's site here: http://www.diablosport.com/technical...ctions-manuals

if you're still having issues restoring the original backup, contact diablo tech support, they can walk you through it...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 02-28-2018, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been seeing this a fair amount this winter with gm 8 cyl motors around this age. reduced engine power is usually a correlation error between the two throttle position sensors inside the throttle body, have noticed that it tends to be a problem with cars that are garaged then parked outside in extreme cold, i personally believe it has to do with moisture accumulation inside the tps that freezes.

to add about the stalling, when the ecu cannot tell throttle position, it automatically reduces throttle angle as a failsafe, i would say toss a tb in it and all will be good

Last edited by Pauls325; 02-28-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Failing ECM???