Notices
LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

2006 GXP parts on 2008 Lacrosse Super

Old 01-30-2018, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 GXP parts on 2008 Lacrosse Super

So last week I totaled my 2006 GXP I got hit in the back right behind the right rear wheel and it pushed the trunk all in and messed up the rear suspension too. Insurance company totaled it ($6500 to fix) and I bought it back for $500.

Today I came across a 2008 Lacrosse Super that has 170K miles on it and a knock in the motor. Don't know anything else about the car but I can pick it up for like $200 the guy just wants it gone.

My question is will what will switch over? My car was mint and had a rebuilt trans less than 10K miles ago. Will my motor and trans drop right in? I know there are differences between the ECUs due to the cam and crank sensor change. Can I use my harness and use the computer out of my car? I believe these two cars have different BCMs as well so I think I would have to use my cars BCM so the VINs would match? Anyone have any insight into this???

I also have a predator tuner with a custom tune so if I can reuse my ECU I could keep the tune.

Will everything like suspension and interior match too?

Trying to figure out if it is worth the work to swap eveything over. Thoughts?

Edit: I have a lift in my shop and the tools etc to do all the work my self so I would not need to pay anyone.

Thanks guys
Old 01-31-2018, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't have many answers, but the GXP as you know has TAPshift, the Super doesn't so I think that would be a nightmare trying to work that. With enough time ,money and research anything can be made to work. 200 for a Super is a steal regardless, they have a sweet interior. I would grab that yesterday. Your mods should all work , maybe not the tuner and the tailpipes might need tweaking. Super has Bilsteins as well I think. Unless the Super is a complete basket case, I say go for it.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:32 PM
Launching!

The reluctor difference is the change in the motors, but I think you could be ok if you use the ECU from your GXP. I believe you will use the tapshift functionality in your trans, but otherwise it would work. You might be able to add the harness and use tapshift, but I really have no idea. Smarter people should be able to answer that.

Sucks about your GXP. Such a clean car.

edit - You going to sell any GXP parts once you are done with swapping things over to the Super?
Old 02-11-2018, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info guys. The Super didn't work out. It was pretty beat and he raised the price on me once he found out I was "interested" in it.

Not sure what I am going to do yet. I will post on here if I do decide to part mine out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 GXP parts on 2008 Lacrosse Super

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: