LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Wiring diagram for DOD

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring diagram for DOD

I did a search and almost had my question answered, but not quite. I have a GXP and would love to know when the car is in 4 cylinder mode like the (I believe) Impalas do. I figured I could wire an LED into the cabin that lights up once activated, I just don't know which wire would be the best to tap into. I see someone already did this, but unless I missed it I don't know which wire he tapped. Any ideas?
Old 03-16-2018, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This thread has some info but is vague, shows the pic of the wire he tapped although its difficult to tell. Probably the thread you already saw. If you get it figured out, post it.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...-dod-done.html
Old 03-17-2018, 12:05 AM
Teching In

You're right that's the one I must have opened that pic half a dozen times but don't know for sure which one it is.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:20 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been interested in this as well. I have seen a few threads on various forums where people began the process. Either they did not figure it out or never posted the results.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

why??? just disable DOD altogether... that's the best option anyway on these engines...

I always disable the DOD/AFM in my custom tuning. it helps with better throttle response... disabling it also stops an oil burning issue that it causes every time it switches modes, which was even acknowledged by GM in a technical service bulletin... as well as failed lifters due to the afm/dod operation..

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-21-2018, 08:31 PM
Teching In

I actually LIKE the DOD. I don't burn a drop of oil (assuming the oil pan recall was done?) and I get good mileage on the highway. But I'm assuming why people always abandon this idea is because of this.

"When enabling conditions for V4 mode are met, the ECM will command the low-side driver to ground each VLOM solenoid control circuit, in firing order sequence. Internal to the low-side driver is a fault detection circuit, which monitors the solenoid control circuit for an incorrect voltage level. If an incorrect voltage level, such as an open, high resistance, short to ground, or short to power, is detected, the low-side driver, along with the fault detection circuit, will communicate the condition to the central processor in the ECM. The ECM will then command a return to V8 mode, set a corresponding DTC, and illuminate the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the instrument panel."