LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   LS4 Performance (https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-performance-108/)
-   -   best programmer (https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-performance/1896775-best-programmer.html)

pt1959 04-21-2018 11:05 AM

best programmer

looking for a programmer for my 06 SS Monte LS4? looking to add cold air intake to start. Other enhancements as I can afford

06MonteSS 04-21-2018 10:52 PM

I had a 2006 Monte Carlo SS myself for 8+ years, 145,000+ miles.. with my own custom tuning.. car was better than factory new.. ;-)

I can definitely get you hooked up...

You can send me an email at: diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com -- with your vehicle info.. and I can send you back a loooong email with info about the programmers, the custom tuning, the process, etc..

Thanks!
-Lew

153624-rudolf 09-27-2018 11:40 PM

I wouldn't touch the Diablo product or any handheld programmer or deal with a Lewtune. Pay $300 for HPTuners, $100 to license and have fun learning to tune. It's a learning curve but fun. Just study up on it and take your time. You could get a wideband too and might barely come out spending more or equal.

No offense to Diablo, Lew, email tune people, or any other handheld unit there just not a good deal. You'll pay Dyno tune money for what they sell there products for. worse yet, no wideband tuning. Call any Dyno tune shop and tell them you're wanting a tune for GM and ask them if they use CMR software (Diablo). They don't because CMR isn't really good for GM. 9.9999 times out of 10 they will use EFI or HP Tuners. Diablo tunning software isn't even available to the public, there customer service is the worst due to understaffing, and it's expensive. Now if you have a Daimler product that's a different story.

Mike@Diablosport 10-02-2018 08:42 AM

Jeez, tell us how you really feel.

Simple fact, tuning is not for everyone, and shouldn't be...but for those who feel they can do it, there are indeed options for everyone.

153624-rudolf 10-02-2018 01:04 PM

Mike -

I'll admit, that was a little harsh. You're right, self tunning isn't for everyone but I still feel these devices are extremely overpriced for what they are. This doesn't go to Diablo. This is for all handheld Tuners. Now, I've never purchased a Diablo unit. In the past I bought a Edge for my pickup and realized quickly it was a mistake. I had a buddy of mine use your product on his Ram. His ECM crapped out and he sent it to you guys and went a long time without his truck. I was there during one of the phone calls with Diablo and it was a pain in the butt for him. I was amazed how long it took and how unfriendly everyone was. I've had two other guys at work buy a Diablo and had problems with the unit itself. If you consider the limited capabilities, cost of email tunes and such you're wasteing money. Plus, the canned tunes don't even tell you what has been adjusted. Plus, if there that good, why do people like Monte do email tunes to "make it better". If you're devices could tune, then log, and make adjustments or calulate new adjustments as you drive to build a new tune file then the price wouldn't be so bad. However, it doesn't.

These are just my thoughts on any handheld device. Again, not trying to offend just my opinions

​​​

Jstill84 03-24-2019 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by 153624-rudolf (Post 19978964)
Mike -

I'll admit, that was a little harsh. You're right, self tunning isn't for everyone but I still feel these devices are extremely overpriced for what they are. This doesn't go to Diablo. This is for all handheld Tuners. Now, I've never purchased a Diablo unit. In the past I bought a Edge for my pickup and realized quickly it was a mistake. I had a buddy of mine use your product on his Ram. His ECM crapped out and he sent it to you guys and went a long time without his truck. I was there during one of the phone calls with Diablo and it was a pain in the butt for him. I was amazed how long it took and how unfriendly everyone was. I've had two other guys at work buy a Diablo and had problems with the unit itself. If you consider the limited capabilities, cost of email tunes and such you're wasteing money. Plus, the canned tunes don't even tell you what has been adjusted. Plus, if there that good, why do people like Monte do email tunes to "make it better". If you're devices could tune, then log, and make adjustments or calulate new adjustments as you drive to build a new tune file then the price wouldn't be so bad. However, it doesn't.

These are just my thoughts on any handheld device. Again, not trying to offend just my opinions

​​​

💯% True.... HP Tuner is the way to go

BlackApex 03-25-2019 09:38 AM

I bought a Diablo i3 Platinum, mainly to disable the DoD.
I also installed the Diablotune 93 octane, and firm shift transmission to try it. I may run that this summer.
I'm installing my ZZP exhaust as soon as all the snow is gone, and I may have Lew do a custom tune...haven't decided for sure yet if I'll spend the money.
I don't care to tune the car myself...installing a canned tune for a bit more performance is fine...like I said, I wanted to turn off DoD.
I can go back to 87 octane tune in a couple minutes if needed.
The tuner is perfect for me...so depends what you want to do.

06MonteSS 03-29-2019 01:53 PM

no you can't.. there is no 87 octane tune for the ls4 cars.. because you need to use at least 91 octane in that LS4... there's a 91 Octane No DOD tune and a Diablo Tune No DOD tune (that's the 93 octane tune)....

even the stock tune is for 91 octane..

the ls4's HATE 87/89 octane... a lot of knock retard.. you need to use at least 91 octane gas in that car.

BlackApex 03-29-2019 02:09 PM

Ha...thanks...I should have just said stock tune. I've been running 87 all winter in my truck...

SpainGXP 07-21-2019 05:44 PM

I also purchased a Diablo I3 Trinity Platinum and it wouldnt update straight out of the box. I was given a patch and it would update, but it wouldnt stay on to data log or view real time gauges. I contacted support, posted on the forums, contacted the vendor, and no help from anyone. I eventually sent it back to the vendor for a refund. All hail the power of Paypal.

-Spain