Notices
LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

LS4 1 7/8 Long Tube Headers?

Old 09-14-2018, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Default LS4 1 7/8 Long Tube Headers?

I read a post about a company doing a 100hp increase on a 08 pontiac grand prix gxp. One of the things they said they did was put on 1 7/8 inch long tube headers. They didn't say what kind though.
I'm wondering if anyone else has put those headers on before and if so which ones did you use? I/m having trouble finding some that will work. There is so little room in the engine bay. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks
Old 09-16-2018, 10:45 AM
Launching!

If you want to improve flow... you can do so by reducing back pressure... Why not just install a exhaust cutout before the cat?

Old 09-18-2018, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by motorminded View Post
I read a post about a company doing a 100hp increase on a 08 pontiac grand prix gxp. One of the things they said they did was put on 1 7/8 inch long tube headers. They didn't say what kind though.
I'm wondering if anyone else has put those headers on before and if so which ones did you use? I/m having trouble finding some that will work. There is so little room in the engine bay. Let me know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks
There are no off the shelf headers that size, if they were that size they would be custom built. Those are large primary tube , and if were used on this motor would probably cause a very noticible loss of all low end torque . Do a search here for headers, there is only a couple available. Adding 100 horsepower isn't easy, if that's your goal on the motor plan on spending a lot of money.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: