LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   LS4 Performance (https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-performance-108/)
-   -   What performace parts would you like to see developed for these cars? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-performance/473150-what-performace-parts-would-you-like-see-developed-these-cars.html)

Richiec77 03-20-2006 08:07 PM

What performace parts would you like to see developed for these cars?

I'm making this a Sticky for now. Alot of vendors would like to develope parts for these cars and the engines, but need feedback on what people would like to see made as upgrades.

I figure I'll start a list to be filled in. Use these catagories and please add suggestions to help along any aspect of this lounge.

Exterior Modifications: (i.e. Better Front grills, decals, Hoods, body kits, spoilers.)

Interior Modifications: (i.e. Sill panel cover plates, Dash add-ons(wood kits, dash overlays) Glove-box Organizers)

Exhaust:

Suspension:

Engine: (2 sub Catagories)
Bolt-on Parts:
Internal Parts:

Other area's:

kissmyss03 03-20-2006 08:59 PM

CATBACK EXHAUST and INTAKE! front grills (monte carlo)

FlyinGTP 03-20-2006 11:26 PM

intake's already exist most of the v6 stuff will work. all you need is a slightly different tube from the airbox to the tb.

supension all exisits. There is no difference from the previous gen cars. Just more spring rates are avaliable now.

exhaust exist's from the cat back already.

this wbody is underneath front and rear suspension is all the same since 1997 on the grand prix's and 1995 on the monte's.

what is needed is headers and downpipes for specific v8 apps.

Richiec77 03-21-2006 02:12 AM

Ok. Good info there. Still learning about these cars.

I figure the most important area that is not done yet, is computer tunning and LS4 specific parts like Underdrive pulley's and such.

BigMikeGXP 03-21-2006 06:10 AM

Headers would be a big one as the car obviously has some special needs to fit some long tube headers in.

kissmyss03 03-21-2006 03:52 PM

the air boxes will not work, and catbacks for the 99-04 monte/grand prix will not work. ive talked to a couple companys that said it will nto wrok. will a cam for a ls1 wrok on these cars cuz i would love a cam

FlyinGTP 03-21-2006 05:15 PM

The airboxes will work. the intake tube needs to be changed. I've already installed one on a car.

As for the catback the car i was under was flanged in the same place as my v6 car. That leads me to believe that it will work i have not offically tried it but the underside of the car is identical to my 97 and the exhaust follows the same path and the downpipe and cat assebly seem to end at the same place as they do on the v6 car.

EDIT:

supposedly the cams are the same lenght and base circle as most other lsx motors but have different specs because of dod. However nobody has attempted yet to see if it is true.

kissmyss03 03-21-2006 07:27 PM

show the pic of the intake u installed, i want to see how it looks in the engine

FlyinGTP 03-22-2006 07:39 PM

It wasn't my car. I own a 1997 grand prix. It was some who contacted me via club gp. Why are you being so judgemental just because a company told you something that wasn't completely correct. I already said the box will work no problem you just need to make a different intake tube from the box to tb. You know the car is the same right. core support and and everything. they just look a bit different. Nothing on the car has really changed much since 1997, 1995 if you want to get uber technical when the monte carlo came out basicly 3rd gen w bodies are basicly 2nd gen wbodies with some minor changes.. Just bigger brakes, different spring rates, redesigned body pannels but overall the shell the basic design are the same.

kissmyss03 03-22-2006 08:31 PM

well mpd is making a intake for my car so ah well.

LightFighter 03-22-2006 10:35 PM

as far as cams go I would say you have to figure out if you want to keep the DOD or not......but LSx cam should work there is also a conversion kit out there some where to turn the Gen4 motor into a GENIII which rids you of the DOD completely

FlyinGTP 03-23-2006 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by kissmyss03
well mpd is making a intake for my car so ah well.

cool i hope you like it and see a decent gain from it.

kissmyss03 03-23-2006 05:40 PM

ill def. post some pics and before and after feeling in car

N20LS1 03-24-2006 10:56 AM

I would like to see an STS turbo kit for ls4powered cars

1stgxp 03-25-2006 11:31 AM

You should be able to use the GTO sts turbo kit on our car.Almost everything is identical except the drive wheels right?

FlyinGTP 03-25-2006 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by 1stgxp
You should be able to use the GTO sts turbo kit on our car.Almost everything is identical except the drive wheels right?

nope they don't share anything.

most likely it will require the v6 sts kit for the gtp's. Now here is where its gets expensive i mean fun. The turbo mounting should work just fine and some of the piping and the intercooler itself should all work. But all the piping for the engine compartment will have to be custom. I say give a bit of time as i get the feeling that sts will probably do a kit for this car. Hp tuners is out for the ls4 cars already. so its only a matter of time.

GXP Lover 03-25-2006 09:40 PM

It seems tunes are now available:

http://www.ls4wbody.com/forum/index....st=0&#entry571

GXP Lover 03-25-2006 09:43 PM

Oh, and here's a link to information about the airbox and a home made cold air:
http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1

1stgxp 05-01-2006 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by FlyinGTP
nope they don't share anything.

most likely it will require the v6 sts kit for the gtp's. Now here is where its gets expensive i mean fun. The turbo mounting should work just fine and some of the piping and the intercooler itself should all work. But all the piping for the engine compartment will have to be custom. I say give a bit of time as i get the feeling that sts will probably do a kit for this car. Hp tuners is out for the ls4 cars already. so its only a matter of time.

The sts turbo is remote mount so plumbing is exhaust as far as the intercooler goes that is pretty simple.I would definately get a vector tune before adding 5-9 psi of boost though.

LittleMT 06-15-2006 09:26 PM

I need a Exhaust, my Monte is quiet...