LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

No TCM Update until next year?

Old 09-14-2007, 07:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No TCM Update until next year?

I heard it through the grapevine (Taz!) that we're not getting a Diablosport Predator TCM update until next year....I don't know how much truth there is to that, but Taz said he talked to Mike at Diablosport about it and thats what he said. This is !
Old 09-14-2007, 07:58 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Really????!!!!!!!! For Frickin' Real???!!!!!!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-14-2007, 08:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
Really????!!!!!!!! For Frickin' Real???!!!!!!
If this turns out to be true then the rants from HARM...on Diablo's site were not undeserved. I’m very disappointed. They have a good product that’s simply incomplete for my use anyway. I guess I'm out of patience.

Lew,

Since you and Mike have spoken so often can you confirm this? If so I'm going to ask them to buy it back and I'll just go HPT.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Resident

If so I'm going to ask them to buy it back and I'll just go HPT
has anyone else done this yet? I'm *this* close to going HPT as well. I just hope I'm wrong. Sprayjunkie, can you confirm this?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike told me yesterday that they ( Diablosport ) will take care of the units that will sell more and then take care of the other ones. So, if diablosport feels Ford Mustangs will sell more then the 2008 Impala, they will work on that tuner first, and then what ever comes next, and the Impala will come last.
I asked him when the 07 tuner would be out, and he said that it might be 2 months, it could be 6 months but never could give me an honest answer. I then asked him about TCM support and he said at first that its 2 months away, then 6 and then said it could be sometime next year before TCM support is offered and even if the new tuners come out, the TCM support "might" not be in there.

HP Tuners for me.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

I'm so glad I decided not to wait for them to come out with a tuner for the 07's. That's pretty shitty to have you all waiting for this long for the TCM updates.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

I left a post on Diablo's site asking for them (Mike) to comment specifically on TCM and 06 LS4. I'll advise when I hear from them.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

The wife will be picking up a laptop soon...so i may be jumping over as well. This is complete BS.

Granted, everyone knew what they were getting to begin with, but this is still sucks.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Might want to ask Mike what he said at 5:03pm est last night from a guy asking about LS4 Support. Im sure he will try and cover his *** and come up with another story, but you can also ask him about the guy who talked about why should he wait when he can get the HP Tuner and be set to go.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Taz34SS
Mike told me yesterday that they ( Diablosport ) will take care of the units that will sell more and then take care of the other ones. So, if diablosport feels Ford Mustangs will sell more then the 2008 Impala, they will work on that tuner first, and then what ever comes next, and the Impala will come last.
I asked him when the 07 tuner would be out, and he said that it might be 2 months, it could be 6 months but never could give me an honest answer. I then asked him about TCM support and he said at first that its 2 months away, then 6 and then said it could be sometime next year before TCM support is offered and even if the new tuners come out, the TCM support "might" not be in there.

HP Tuners for me.
Dude, you have completely twisted my words.
I at no point stated that TCM support may not be until next year.
It is in fact being developed as we speak, just like I have said until I am blue in the face.
I know you called here more than once yesterday, and asked the same question to everyone you got on the phone. Why, well I think I see now....

Also, I did give you nothing but honest answers...what I could not provide was an actual ETA.
Also, you need to understand how this works.
If we develop a tool that supports the PCM used in the 07-08 MCSS, or any of the LS4 cars, we will add support for those vehicles into that tool. (Just like after we developed the U7191, we realized we could support the 06 LS4 cars and we did so).
I am not belittling this segment, as all of our customers are important to us, but we really don't sell that many tuners to the LS4 crowd, especially compared to how many of these cars are on the road. The majority of the U7191 sales are for Vettes and GTOs.

From now on, I will not discuss TCM support here, or on the phone, as apparently you guys are just looking for an excuse to rip us, and I aint playing that.
It will get done, and I will let you know when it is ready.

Thanks
Mike
Old 09-14-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Taz34SS
Might want to ask Mike what he said at 5:03pm est last night from a guy asking about LS4 Support. Im sure he will try and cover his *** and come up with another story, but you can also ask him about the guy who talked about why should he wait when he can get the HP Tuner and be set to go.
So you basically just admitted here that your intentions were less than honest.
Nice.
Good job man, you have enlightened everyone with your made up statements.
I so didn't need this first thing in the AM.....

I am not trying to cover anything....Damn man, I was brutally honest with you, and this is what I get?
Goodluck with HPtuners.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hexxLS4
I heard it through the grapevine (Taz!) that we're not getting a Diablosport Predator TCM update until next year....I don't know how much truth there is to that, but Taz said he talked to Mike at Diablosport about it and thats what he said. This is !
Would have been much more appropriate to call me and confirm this, or PM rather than posting a rumor that was obviously not true.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Resident

Atleast I have not been going off telling everyone something is comming from my product, and then keep putting them off. If you would like, I can go over my whole chat with you over the phone. You TOLD ME that you will support cars that sell more then the LS4's first, and then go for the LS4's after that, when others are done, is this not correct? Also, I flat out asked you about TCM support, and you told me that it could be 2 months, maybe 6 months and then you said it would be out with the 07 Tuner... So what is it???? I am really thanking myself for not getting your product and not listening to others about this because your company is full of BULLSHIT...!!!

As for saying I called more then once yesterday, thats kinda funny because I only called once. Want my phone number to check your records.

Mike, you and your company is digging a HUGE hole in the LS4 family and its not something your going to get out of very quickly if at all.

Maybe you should just tell everyone the truth and not just " oh, it will be 30-60 days before we have beta TCM testers ready" Remember that statement??? And now how long has it been? We keep getting the samething, " we are still working on it " Well, im sorry, but how come HP Tuners can offer TCM Support right off the bat and you are still sitting there, with your "GM" tech guy helping you "crack" open the TCM support? Makes no sense at all Mike.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
Would have been much more appropriate to call me and confirm this, or PM rather than posting a rumor that was obviously not true.
You dont even know if your coming or going on this, do you? Just keep digging that hole....
Old 09-14-2007, 09:23 AM
TECH Resident

I am not belittling this segment, as all of our customers are important to us, but we really don't sell that many tuners to the LS4 crowd, especially compared to how many of these cars are on the road. The majority of the U7191 sales are for Vettes and GTOs.
This may be true, but it's no reason to shaft an entire community just because you're not making money on it anymore. Where is the ethics in that? Company's expect customer loyalty, well the reverse needs to happen first. Apparently existing customer satisfaction is not as high on Diablosports priority list as making new money.

The problem is, we've been told a couple weeks...now we're hearing a possibility of next year. Regardless of the validity of the "next year" statement...it's a very reasonable assumption based on the history of this tuner.

From now on, I will not discuss TCM support here, or on the phone, as apparently you guys are just looking for an excuse to rip us, and I aint playing that.
It will get done, and I will let you know when it is ready.
Mike, nobody is looking for a reason to rip you or diablosport. People just want their completed product. You've been very helpful to us as in individual employee...and we (I) praise you for that. But at the end of the day, we'd rather be discussing how we tune our transmission rather than WHEN we can.

Try to put yourself on the receiving end of this and you will understand why we are frustrated. I'm sorry Taz misinterpreted your information, but by isolating our community even further, you're just going to get people even more angry. Please don't take any of this personally. We need your help and appreciate all the communication and help YOU have given us. As for your company, they really need to sort out their priorities. They released a beta product and refuse to just get it done and enjoy a repaired reputation.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Resident

2 months or 6 months puts the LS4 guys into next year.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK, again, you twisted my words.
I said it could be 2-6 months for 07-08 support, and then said that TCM support would be available by then, not until then. Pay attention.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Resident

Mike, you might be right. I didn't realize that this would be so dramatic. However, there was nothing obvious about whether it was true or not. In fact, there is still really no clarity as to whether or not it's true.

At the end of the day, all you needed to do is just clarify the statements. This is a public matter, not a private one.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Like the 'rumor' you kept spreading about TCM support coming to beta testing in 30-60 days or would be released even sooner than that as a finished product (repeated every few weeks/months for the last year or so) or the rumor that first you had a GM expert working on it, then later wrote that management was starting to look at it, or that your company cared about all their customers, or...oh...wait, I do remember you were adament about it being ready at the end of the Summer (presumably 2007). Everyone would much prefer being told that there is no timeline on it, instead of being lied to. When you give a date range, it is assumed (and you know I am right) that there is information available that makes that date range reasonable. If there is no basis to make an ETA guess (like, oh...I don't know, actually having cracked the PCM), then how can an honest company spew made up stuff? It looks like the new owners are trying to squeeze more sales out based on the reputation of Diable before their penny pinching ruins that reputation. Very common in buy-outs. While it is obvious you are a company man (nothing wrong with that), I would bet that you are out of a job within 18 months. Think about how your employers are treating paying customers; how loyal are they going to be to you?

It is very telling that you resort to a personal attack on someone instead of coming up with a realistic timeline or an honest answer about you and your company's inconsistancies when it comes to your claims of support. When the facts are against you, dazzle the crowd with bullshit. Bra-vo! clap clap for the misdirection. Glad to know that you think that your core buyers (and while the LS4 crowd does not buy a lot of your programmers, they do own other vehicles as well that you might care about) are so stupid that they cannot see what your company is doing.

As far as being brutally honest with your discussions with Taz; you do not dispute his assertion that you said it might be 2 months or 6 months until TCM comes out. Only that you never said it might be next year. My calender says 6 months out is well into 2008. When you are reduced to trying to nit-pick the details of what he said, even when, by your own admission, you were being honest and the substance of the statement is completely true based on what you said, it is very clear to everyone that you have finally painted yourself into a corner and are trying to lash out at others simply because they expect you to live up to what you said.

If you don't like the insinuation that you are a liar, perhaps it is time to change the things you say and the way you say them. You know...just to avoid the misconception that you are misleading folks.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:42 AM
TECH Resident

I give up. This is useless.

Search this Thread