LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Noisy front end!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisy front end!

I realize this has probably been covered but...............My 06 Impala SS has about 22k on it and now it seems that if you turn the wheel while going slow or sitting still I get a clunking,Vibration from the front end.Lot's of problems with this car!Thinking about trading it in before the factory warranty runs out.Anybody know of a TSB that fixes this or have you had the same problem and what should I expect from the dealer?I really like the car as it does double duty,Kinda sporty with enough room to travel and I really hate to unload it but it has had a lot of electrical problems and now this steering coupler/rack or strut problem.Damn it!BTW the car is all stock except for a change to Michelins at 500 miles.HELP!
Old 01-29-2008, 07:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yuuuup... known issue... had that same issue on my Monte... they had to replace the intermediate steering shaft (ISS), the whole steering rack, AND both front wheel bearings...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 01-29-2008, 07:48 AM

Thanks!time to call the dealer and schedule an appointment.Whoopeee!I really love the car but it seems to have a lot of issues.Hard to find a replacement that has all of the features,Mines loaded,Leather(option in 06)Roof etc,For that kind of money.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wait until the G8 comes out ...
Old 01-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

I had the same problem fixed last week. They only replaced the tie rod end and it seems to be fine so far. I didn't know the impss had the ISS problems. I had 3 of those damn things put in my Z71 is less than 2 yrs. You'd think they could fix that by now.