LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

G6 GXP....info???

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 01:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G6 GXP....info???

a buddy of mine is askin me all kinds of questions about the new g6 gxp street edition. i dont really know anything about the damn car. if anyone has any information or comments about it, it would be much appreciated.

thanks guyz
Old 12-05-2007, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think they're fugly IMO. It's all looks and no performance upgrades. Just uses the 3.6L V6 like before. Supposedly the 4 door has a GXP model now too, but it's nothing crazy looking like the coupe. Basically looks like they dropped the GTP trim level and replaced it with the GXP and kept the car basically the same in 4 door trim.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:33 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah, i think the coupe is way overdone...too ricey. I love the looks of the basic coupe, but the GXP is blah.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just checked out the Pontiac site and they did in fact drop the GTP model and replaced it with the GXP in both the coupe and sedan. I didn't realize that the "street edition" package was a seperate package on top of the GXP trim level. The GXPs in both the coupe and sedan look a little sportier than the GTP's they replace. The normal GXP couple doesn't look bad. Then the fugly "street edition" option package for almost a grand just adds the "performance styled hood with scoops" and hammerhead rear spoiler. Personally I think they should save the GXP name for higher performance models as they did with the Solstice and GP. But then again, Chevy throws the SS around alot too on cars that maybe shouldn't have it.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah, i meant to specify the "Street Edition"