LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

A local Ad wondering if any of these parts will work on a 94 camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A local Ad wondering if any of these parts will work on a 94 camaro?

this is the ad posted below....will the 9 rear fit on my car? and the transmission on my Lt1????? If so i will pick up immediatly, considering he wants 2500 for the whole truck minus motor, and I am shopping for a rear end for my car and trans and thats about 5 thousand combo!!!!

The truck is an '86 reg cab short bed,clear title. No motor, TH350 trans w/ kit 9.5" PTC converter. 3" steel Wiles driveshaft. 9" rear, N case w/detroit locker, 4.11 gear, 31 spline Moser axles, disc brake setup. Superior aluminum radiator, twin elec. fans. Fenderwell headers, Quarterstick shifter, kirkey alum seat. 10gal alum fuel cell w/ holley black pump and 1/2" alum line to regulator. 1000 amp deep cycle battery in bed w/ remote charge posts and rear kill switch. Cal-tracs on back, Moroso trick springs and C/E adj. shocks on front. Centerline 15x11 on back 15x6 on front. Truck is all wired and plumbed. Drop a motor in and go. I can email pics of anything you need. The truck was a long bed and has had the bed changed and frame shortened. It hooks good and pulls strait. Ran 7.50's in 1/8mi w/ mild alu. head small block. Best 60ft was 1.64 Truck was put together last year. Most parts were new then. Rear has 12 1/8 mi passes on it. Motor failed and I'm moving to different things.
I'd take $2500 obo for it. I have way more in it than that. I might take a partial trade thats fair, let me know what u got. There are many nice parts on this truck. I also have some other parts I'll sell- 400th trans w/man valve body,brake,jw bell. 7 h101cp-60 dome pistons on GM x rods. and a good Eagle cast steel crank for 350. Call Mike

Old 02-10-2009, 05:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 9" won't be setup for a torque arm, its width probably isn't right either.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you're looking for a bolt-up and go setup, it won't even be remotely close to fitting. The rear alone will require fabrication for the spring perches, LCA, PHR, and torque arm, which will all need to be welded on. The driveshaft is going to be way too short, etc. etc.

You can use the transmission, but you will still need a slew of other parts to get it to fit and work properly. Not to mention a TH350 may or may not suit your driving habits.

For $2500 you can pick up a complete ready-to-bolt-in Ford 9".
Old 02-10-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys for the input. I was just getting excited cause the truck was 15 minutes away. I thought I had hit the lottery getting a 9" rear and a built transmission for 2500!!!

Quick Reply: A local Ad wondering if any of these parts will work on a 94 camaro?