Old 03-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good tune will never hurt
Old 03-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

Default fuel pressure

Fuel pressure: base pressure is the key on-engine off pressure. Watch the gauge during the prime (first couple seconds after key on).

Double check: engine idling, pull the vacuum hose off the regulator and watch the fuel pressure, It should read the same as step 1.

Manifold vacuum: with the engine idling put the vacuum hose back on the regulator, the fuel pressure should drop 7-10 lbs depending on idle vacuum (depends on camshaft)

WOT test: since the engine manifold vacuum is very close to 0 at WOT, your WOT fuel pressure should be very close to the base pressure. Make a WOT pull from lower RPMs (50% of redline or so) in a higher gear and watch the fuel pressure. The pressure needs to stay close to the baseline pressure or you have a fuel pump, fuel filter, or similar issue.

If you can't measure your fuel pressure while driving at WOT (or on a dyno) then you have no way of knowing that your fuel supply is adequate.

Just my .02

Bob
Old 07-10-2009, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by mj114679
OK Thanks all that helped. i will be buying a new AC Delco opti spark soon and installing it. should i go ahead and replace plugs and wires also? if so what are the best plugs and wires i could ****** up for my mods?
Did you get your Opti replaced yet? did it fix your hesitation?

Quick Reply: LT1 Problem... High RPMS BOGGING!!