LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

? about a/c and heater box thingy on the firewall next to computer

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about a/c and heater box thingy on the firewall next to computer

So I've done away with my A/C and my heat as far as lines and everything under the hood except the black box on the passenger side firewall next to the computer. Can it be removed right there under the hood or do I have to take the dash out to get all that **** out? I've been hesitant on pulling the dash because it seems like a big job, although I've got the motor out of the car and it was farely simple. Just looking for some inputs and opinions on this and see if anyone's done it. I want it gone to clean up the engine bay...thanks
Old 04-02-2009, 01:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the a/c evaporator under the black box or what? Best way to remove it would be???
Old 04-02-2009, 02:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If you no longer have heat I'd say just remove the whole HVAC system under the dash. Yuo can then muy a delete plate from someone liek BMR or Burkhart Chassis. I just made one myself. If you can remove and install the engine you can do the dash! Check the drag racing section, several people there have pics of them removing the HVAC box, that is "if" you can get the search function to work. BTW the engine bay cleans up nicely without the AC stuff!

Quick Reply: ? about a/c and heater box thingy on the firewall next to computer