LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

no start :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no start :(

well i was testing continuity on the obd 2 connecter between port 5 and 6 and i accidentally placed the wrong lead first..i applied to the ground (5) then to the field service (6) while the key was on the run position.. it made a sound like something was being energized and then it clicked and then no start. i checked the battery and all the fuses that i knew of (the fuses in the driver side dash panel and the fuses under the fuse box on the driver side). no power options anything at all, fuel pump wont even prime, etc. im guessing its a fuse i missed and could use some ideas. i looked at them really good and it didnt look like any of them blew

i disconnected the battery and am letting it sit to see if when i reconnect it solves the problem, however i am suspecting i missed a fuse somewhere.

please tell me that the pcm isnt fried and help me out here with some more tests or ideas thanks guys youre always a big help

Last edited by trippinholyman; 04-04-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

It may have been possible that you may have fried it but I DOUBT it... There has to be a fuse your missing. Smell anything burn?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Launching!

no not really. im gonna go out and reconnect the battery and try. the battery has 12.8 volts in it so it should be fine. ill look at the fuses again. what about testing the pcm?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Launching!

christ that was so so so scary. i reconnected the batt and it started right up. letting it run and relearn real fast. checking egr stuff today i think with my brand new mityvac thanks

Quick Reply: no start :(