LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Guys running a TSP rumbler catback with LTs/ORY

Old 04-13-2009, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys running a TSP rumbler catback with LTs/ORY

I am contemplating switching out my no name catback for the TSP rumbler system when I get my headers done. How loud should I expect that system to be compared to other catbacks like magnaflow or hooker? Is it going to be obnoxious for DD'ing? I have always liked the way chambered mufflers sound and haven't ever ran bullets or LTs/ORY so I don't have anything to compare it too. And finally, how well does the system flow compared to other catbacks? Thanks for the input!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jaywalkersw
I am contemplating switching out my no name catback for the TSP rumbler system when I get my headers done. How loud should I expect that system to be compared to other catbacks like magnaflow or hooker? Is it going to be obnoxious for DD'ing? I have always liked the way chambered mufflers sound and haven't ever ran bullets or LTs/ORY so I don't have anything to compare it too. And finally, how well does the system flow compared to other catbacks? Thanks for the input!
If you know anything about how the LM1 sounds, then you'll have a good idea what the TSP rumbler will be like. Loud and raspy. Some love it, some hate it, only you can decide.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

I have an SLP LM1 and i like the way it sounds. I think the TSP comes with a straight muffler just like the LM2. The LM1 has nothing but a resinator and its loud and raspy. Some people like it but alot dont. I never heard a TSP in person but i hear that it sounds good. I like it better than my hooker cause i love to be loud. But I only drive my camaro every other day.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Launching!

from what i have read magnaflow is one of the most free flowing exhaust u can get. Also if you want to hear magnaflow with lt's and ory go to you tube and type in 96 formula firebird exhaust. when all the videos come up look for the one of the dash and blurry. the video is through my catback then cutout. magnaflow sounds good, but is kinda quiet until you open it up. that why i got a cutout cause it was to quiet and byfar the cutout was the best purchase as far as sound and money well spent.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Well what do you guys think as far as its performance? I can't see how 3" mandrel bent with 2 dynomax bullets could be very restrictive but I am just guessing.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:31 PM
12 Second Club

I had that setup for about two weeks. It was to raspy for me. I switched back to true duals with sweet thunders. Matt at TSP did tell me they see almost no power loss between this system and there true duals.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

I dont suppose you have a video clip of your car with the rumbler on do you?
Old 04-14-2009, 01:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the rumbler only has 1 bullet btw
Old 04-14-2009, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

i love my tsp rumbler, but the guy i bought it from had put some resonator tips that kind of muffle the sound to it, its really not that loud. But then again people have mistaken it for having a cam in it.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

The tsp should be one of the best flowing exhaust out there since it has a straight thru design. If you want one for cheap just look thru the parts for sale section. People are always selling there LM1 and LM2's for cheap. I got mine for 100. One thing thats better than the tsp is that SLP's piping is stainless. If you end up going that route you can swap out the muffler with a dynomax muffler and have a dynomouth. Its basically the same thing as a TSP.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Hmm, didn't think about that. Is there any difference between the catbacks for the dual cat (96-97) LT1 fbodies and the catbacks designed for the LS1 fbodies? Or is it possible to use one designed for the LS1s on a dualcat style LT1 (especially if going to LT/ORY setup)?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Guys running a TSP rumbler catback with LTs/ORY