LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Why or how can my LT's leak from here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why or how can my LT's leak from here?

Ever since I installed them on my car I had a bad problem with them leaking, but just one side. The driver side header always leaked even though I changed out the gasket and went through 2 sets of bolts.(Auto Zone bolts). And today I decided to take a closer look and notice that this is where they were leaking from. But what trips me out is that its not just above this exhaust tube, its on all 4 from the drivers side. I checked out the pass side and it shows no proof of a leak even though i thought it would since that side has a GM gasket and the driver side has a copper gasket. Can this be an issue of the Jet Hot LT's being defected in some way or what?
Old 05-05-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a warped flange.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Its a warped flange.
Was my first thought.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I just sent WS6 store a PM and I just have to wait it out and see what they say. Just really disappointing in these headers. Should have just bought the pace setters in the first place. and plus when I purchased these headers I received them with no gaskets or bolts. Waited 2+weeks for the gaskets and bolts. Came in and they gave me the wrong gaskets(LS1) and had to wait another 2+weeks for the correct set, and for some odd reason the bolts they gave me did not have a tight fit on the thread so thats why I went and purchased some auto zone bolts.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Buy a set of Earl's Pressure Master gaskets. Problem solved.

The pressure master gaskets are a hard aluminum frame with a set of graphoil inserts. It WILL conform to any sort of flange issue and will seal permanently.

I run these on any blown/nitrous/turbo setup I do and NEVER have any leaks or issues.

About twice the price of a regular set of gaskets, but for the lack of hassles it is WELL worth it.

If your heads are ported get the larger D-port gaskets instead of the regular LT1 pressure masters. If the heads are stock get the regular LT1 ones.

Quick Reply: Why or how can my LT's leak from here?