LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

just bought a block

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default just bought a block

So i just got home from picking up my new block from a member on here, everything looks fine besides on the passenger side rear cylinder at the base it almost looks like a chip of the block is missing from the outside of the bore, i dont have access to a camera right now so i cant really take a pic but it worries me because it looks like if i bore it .30 over a small piece of the bore will actually be missing at the very base. Can someone please just tell me its perfectly normal? haha
Old 05-10-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Is it the very back one? If so and its at the bottom and almost looks like a slice is missing, that is normal. I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain lol.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by My95Z
Is it the very back one? If so and its at the bottom and almost looks like a slice is missing, that is normal. I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain lol.
Yeah after searching 17 pages on google images i found a pic from the right angle of a bare ltx block and i saw that it too had the same thing. Thanks for the quick response though, let the forged 370 build begin!