LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   LT1-LT4 Modifications (https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications-31/)
-   -   Im tired of this car!!! (https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/1119226-im-tired-car.html)

xx_ED_xx 05-20-2009 12:23 PM

WUSSSS UPPPPPPP moron

crainholio 05-20-2009 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by creepingdeath94 (Post 11628230)
...unless of course you spend the vast majority of your time typing on computers over actually turning wrenches.

I was going to respond to this part, but then I looked at your signature.

1993 Trans-Am, 3.73 gears, MSD wires, Electric Water pump, Long Tubes, Magnaflow, K&N, 285 rwhp...still working out the issues...
Can't even pull off a few easy bolt-ons, and you're here lecturing?

:gtfo:

ARCTIC '00 05-20-2009 01:56 PM

Man some of these people are straight ass wipes, a lot of miserable individuals around here...

To the O.P., I can care less about your spelling, you asked a question regarding troubleshooting your LT1 and most of us are here to help. Did you check your fuel pressure? If so, what was the reading? Second, what kind of opti-spark did you go with when you replaced the original, OEM or aftermarket? Sounds like the classic symptoms of a failing opti. Feel free to P.M. me if you don't want to post your response and get moronic feedback.

crainholio 05-20-2009 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00 (Post 11628717)
Man some of these people are straight ass wipes, a lot of miserable individuals around here...

Newbie, I looked at some of your posts here during your short but distinguished time with us. I'll grant that you are definitely the World's Leading Expert on "straight ass wipe" behavior. :eyes:

In between jabbing the guy for his hard-to-read baby talk, some of us gave him steps to follow to diagnose his problem.

Evidently just using a fuel pressure gauge is either beyond his capability or his busy schedule, or he's hoping somebody is going to fix it over TEH INTARWEBZ for him.

creepingdeath94 05-20-2009 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by crainholio (Post 11628646)
I was going to respond to this part, but then I looked at your signature.

Can't even pull off a few easy bolt-ons, and you're here lecturing?

:gtfo:

This will be my last post responding to things that have nothing to do with the original posters question. My sig and what car I drive now and what has been done to it is irrelevant to my comment to you. Just because I just bought a car and and have only done the exhaust and a couple odds and ends trying to get it running right before I dump time and energy into heavy mods doesn't mean that I haven't done more labor intense work before, don't plan on doing it when my money tree in the back yard blooms again, or work for a living and have other responsibilities aside from my project car I bought a few months ago. Any further comments about the grammar of the original poster or toward me and my project, feel free to PM me instead of wasting time and space in this thread.

lt1noob 05-20-2009 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by m6speed (Post 11621367)
+1

and it's WAS not wus

and...if your "burning tire" get a posi, both should spin :chug:

like an earlier post said, check the fuel filter, if thats not clogged, put something under the hose going to the filter from the fuel pump, have someone turn the ignition on, see if fuel comes out. if you're all good in that department check pressure. im having wonderful times with my car right now as well, its all a learning process. good luck.

ARCTIC '00 05-21-2009 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by creepingdeath94 (Post 11631385)
This will be my last post responding to things that have nothing to do with the original posters question. My sig and what car I drive now and what has been done to it is irrelevant to my comment to you. Just because I just bought a car and and have only done the exhaust and a couple odds and ends trying to get it running right before I dump time and energy into heavy mods doesn't mean that I haven't done more labor intense work before, don't plan on doing it when my money tree in the back yard blooms again, or work for a living and have other responsibilities aside from my project car I bought a few months ago. Any further comments about the grammar of the original poster or toward me and my project, feel free to PM me instead of wasting time and space in this thread.

No need for a response to the moronic post above. You pretty much summed it up.

JAKEJR 05-22-2009 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by creepingdeath94 (Post 11628230)
How he spells/writes on the forum is irrelevant to the fact that he has questions regarding what to do to fix a problem he has with his CAR...not his English term paper. I have seen FAR worse AOL speak/type on here and not seen the level of grief this guy got for it. I understand the need to be clear and concise when describing a problem, but if you know what is trying to be said as the word was just misspelled, than let it be at that. If it is impossible to understand, then have him clarify what he was unclear on or don't respond at all.

Whether or not you have an LTx, LSx, L98, whatever, spelling and grammar is most likely the last thing on your mind when trying to fix your problematic car...unless of course you spend the vast majority of your time typing on computers over actually turning wrenches.

I agree whole-heartedly.

Jake

West Point ROCKS!

JAKEJR 05-22-2009 04:01 PM

How about explaining in more detail about the little idle problem and the no start condition after the car sits for a while.

I'm wondering if you, perhaps, have a leaking injector causing the fuel pressure to drop off once the engine has been turned off for a while. You can check for this by installing a fuel pressure gauge at the Schrader valve and watching to see how long the pressure holds once the engine has been shut down.

If the pressure won't hold, it could be a leaking injector, but could also be a connection or even the fuel pump.

The idle problem could be something as simple as a leaking vacuum hose or one that's disconnected.

It could be because a leaking injector is fouling out one of the spark plugs. You can try checking for this by pulling the spark plugs and checking to see if one (or more) of them is much darker or black. Check for one that's wet, too.

You can also try connecting a timing light to each plug wire and watching the flashes. Each wire should cause the timing light to flash, on and off, steadily with no intermittent no-flash periods. Blink, blink, blink, blink, etc.

Are you seeing any error codes?

A scanner would be helpful too, allowing you to see if any sensor is operating out of range, like an 02 sensor. However, most times a bad sensor will set a error code.

Keep us posted on what you find. There are other things that can be tried to pin-point the cause.

Jake

West Point ROCKS!

ghstfacekilr 05-23-2009 02:43 AM

ooooook well i am sorry i havent posted super quickly to this. I definately did not mean to start a whole fuss about my grammer.So all the comments about the fuel can be put to rest. I have ruled out any fuel problems when took off the intanke hose an sprayed carb cleaner down the intake while trying to start it and not so much as a single bust over. I have already replaced the ignition control module already. I am working on the ignition coil but i am almost completely sure it has nothing to do with the ignition aspect of the car because it died on me while driving down the road just before it quit starting completely. I have also tried disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for bout 30 min and trying to start it with my spare key in case it wus a theft or safety issue. I am leaning towards maybe a ground wire perhaps? or maybe the a faulty distributor? i bought the ac delco distributor for 450 dollars. I am having it towed to a shop where they will find the problem and fix it there. also while it is there it is being stroked out to a 383. But thank you guys for sticking up for me and all the advice. Post ur ideas on what you think it might be and i will post with what the shop found. Thank you all

ghstfacekilr 05-23-2009 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by xx_ED_xx (Post 11628252)
WUSSSS UPPPPPPP moron

who is this?

ghstfacekilr 05-23-2009 02:51 AM

oh and i also replaced the fuel filter just yesterday. And contrary to popular belief i try to know as much as possible bout my car but being as i work 7 days a week i dont have much time to dive in and rip my car apart and put it back together.

creepingdeath94 05-23-2009 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by ghstfacekilr (Post 11642362)
oh and i also replaced the fuel filter just yesterday. And contrary to popular belief i try to know as much as possible bout my car but being as i work 7 days a week i dont have much time to dive in and rip my car apart and put it back together.

I hear you...that's about where I am anymore with work. It's good though with things being what they are, otherwise I wouldn't be able to even own the car to do the work I do when I finally get a chance to work on it. Definitely keep us informed as to what you find.

JJT 05-23-2009 06:26 AM

Ok...after all the right hooks, uppercuts, and knee ball busters I got a simple solution. Sell it...get a LS1 F-body or maybe a GTO. I had a LT1 95 formula...wrapped it around a tree. Glad I did...cause the WS6 wouldn't be here by my side. She's wayyyyyyyyyyyy better then her sister. Love her. Engine is so much F$%king better. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

lt1noob 05-23-2009 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by JJT (Post 11642542)
Ok...after all the right hooks, uppercuts, and knee ball busters I got a simple solution. Sell it...get a LS1 F-body or maybe a GTO. I had a LT1 95 formula...wrapped it around a tree. Glad I did...cause the WS6 wouldn't be here by my side. She's wayyyyyyyyyyyy better then her sister. Love her. Engine is so much F$%king better. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

or perhaps he bought the car he currently owns for a reason, as did i. i like ltx's, yes ls1s are nice and sure theyre faster. but if he wanted and ls1, he probably would have bought one. or if he was planning on getting one in the future, and selling his current car i would imagine hed want to get this fixed first...?

back to the topic.

JJT 05-23-2009 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by lt1noob (Post 11643749)
or perhaps he bought the car he currently owns for a reason, as did i. i like ltx's, yes ls1s are nice and sure theyre faster. but if he wanted and ls1, he probably would have bought one. or if he was planning on getting one in the future, and selling his current car i would imagine hed want to get this fixed first...?

back to the topic.

2-shay, 2-shay...

demon seed 05-24-2009 11:32 AM

you dont need to spell to go FAST!! CUT'EM SOME SLACK. :hump: FIND YOUR SPELL CHECK BUTTON.

ghstfacekilr 05-26-2009 02:57 PM

all right i have maybe got a solutuion to what whent wrong with my car. the car just now got in the shop and im waiting to hear what the problem is. i am thinking maybe a ground wire? what do you think? I am also having it rebuilt to a 383 and i need to know what kind of cam i can use that will run with my stock converter. Also i need some ported and or polished heads. If anyone also has a lt1 thats stroked out let me know wat u guys used. i have hope to run nos through my motor not 250 shot. Give me some time slips of wat u have ran on motor. thank you

kinglt-1 05-26-2009 03:09 PM

contact lloyd elliot or advancedinduction, there are threads all over in here about them. Either one will set you up with a nice topend for whatever you build.

creepingdeath94 05-26-2009 06:18 PM

+1 Lloyd or AI get plenty of good word of mouth recommendations.