LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

IGNITION& FUEL PUMP doesnt work. Car doesnt connect to TESTER!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:38 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question IGNITION& FUEL PUMP doesnt work. Car doesnt connect to TESTER!?

Hello
my transam doesnt work.. its starter works and trying to idle but NO FUEL PUMP OR IGNITION WORKS no electric.. all fuese checked no problem.. The service Changed the Fuel pump they thought its becuz of that problem.. but still nothing changes!!!!
AND CAR CANNOT CONNECT THE COMPUTER TEST MACHINE..

WHAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ZSU
Hello
my transam doesnt work.. its starter works and trying to idle but NO FUEL PUMP OR IGNITION WORKS no electric.. all fuese checked no problem.. The service Changed the Fuel pump they thought its becuz of that problem.. but still nothing changes!!!!
AND CAR CANNOT CONNECT THE COMPUTER TEST MACHINE..

WHAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM?
Did you check your fuel pump relay?
Are you sure your PCM/IGN fues is not blown?
Bad PCM maybe...
Check your Cigar fuse inside that car, that fuse is shared with the ADL cable to read trouble codes.
What do you mean by no electric? Do you have spark at the coil?

Last edited by ss.slp.ls1; 06-26-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:33 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Did you check your fuel pump relay?
Are you sure your PCM/IGN fues is not blown?
Bad PCM maybe...
Check your Cigar fuse inside that car, that fuse is shared with the ADL cable to read trouble codes.
What do you mean by no electric? Do you have spark at the coil?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!

At service they said they checked Fuses and no problem at them..
I mean there is no electricity coming to that parts.. NO SPARK firing and the fuel pump does not work BOTH..(cannot hear sound of working) First they thought it has goes bad becuz at paint shop they might tried to start it with out FUEL, but they changed fuel pump nothing changes)
So the repairman said that, your cars PCM burned becuz of wrong Jumper Start? is it possible? And it cannot connect to Code Reader/Tester they said it must connect with Code Reader if PCM has no problem..
My car has no problem before it started to paint at paintshop, it has only weak Battery becuz of not driving my car..

BY THE WAY MY CAR IS 1995 LT1 TRANSAM AUTO TRANS

Last edited by ZSU; 06-26-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZSU
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!

At service they said they checked Fuses and no problem at them..
I mean there is no electricity coming to that parts.. NO SPARK firing and the fuel pump does not work BOTH..(cannot hear sound of working) First they thought it has goes bad becuz at paint shop they might tried to start it with out FUEL, but they changed fuel pump nothing changes)
So the repairman said that, your cars PCM burned becuz of wrong Jumper Start? is it possible? And it cannot connect to Code Reader/Tester they said it must connect with Code Reader if PCM has no problem..
My car has no problem before it started to paint at paintshop, it has only weak Battery becuz of not driving my car..

BY THE WAY MY CAR IS 1995 LT1 TRANSAM AUTO TRANS
What service? Who's working on your car and testing it? I would try to verify all the fuses are good my self.
Could be a bad PCM, try to get a hold of a '95 A4 PCM and see if it works for you.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:12 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
What service? Who's working on your car and testing it? I would try to verify all the fuses are good my self.
Could be a bad PCM, try to get a hold of a '95 A4 PCM and see if it works for you.
Sorry my bad english I am from Worldwide..
I mean Car service.. And its at my country so you cannot know them.. Here at my country there is no Offical GM car service And these cars are Rare cars.. So I cannot find 95 A4 PCM..
Old 06-26-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZSU
Sorry my bad english I am from Worldwide..
I mean Car service.. And its at my country so you cannot know them.. Here at my country there is no Offical GM car service And these cars are Rare cars.. So I cannot find 95 A4 PCM..
You can have one mailed to you. Post a parts wanted thread in the Parts Wanted subform.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:22 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If someone tried to jump start your car, and did it improperly, a few things happens. First your battery is junk. Then you need to look at each and every fuse in the car. Chances are all of those are blown. If they aren't blown, then they didn't do their job. If they aren't blown then you need to look at the PCM. If you are having someone else work on your car, go to the shop and verify what they are telling you is true. Then look into replacing parts. You must first diagnose the problem before you can repair it. Part of diagnosis is knowing what exactly happened just prior to the malfunction.....
Old 06-26-2009, 03:21 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Originally Posted by duh
If someone tried to jump start your car, and did it improperly, a few things happens. First your battery is junk. Then you need to look at each and every fuse in the car. Chances are all of those are blown. If they aren't blown, then they didn't do their job. If they aren't blown then you need to look at the PCM. If you are having someone else work on your car, go to the shop and verify what they are telling you is true. Then look into replacing parts. You must first diagnose the problem before you can repair it. Part of diagnosis is knowing what exactly happened just prior to the malfunction.....

The repairman said that, Maybe they plug Jumper Cables incorrect.. But ofcourse paintshop refuse that.. PCM not responding for GM Code reader.. And no ignition and fuel pump not working.. So they said it is possible becuz of PCM burned while jump start with another cars battery.. Are PCM weak things or have no protectors? No fuses blown..
Old 06-26-2009, 04:10 PM
ZSU
Launching!

by the way, can it be becuz of pcm ground cable not plugged?
Old 06-26-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I would guess that they are trying to use an OBD-II scanner on the car, because that is the shape of the Data Link Connector under the dash. Your car is actually OBD-I and you must use a scanner that is of the same type with the correct adapter cable. Or you can adapt a normal 12 pin OBD-I cable this way.

That does not fix your other issues, but might help with the scanning.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:21 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Their that scanner had connected without a problem before.. :/
They said your PCM is burned-dead thats it does not response connection..
by the way I noticed that while they take off the PCM there was no ground cable or like that stuff.. They only plugged sockets and thats all..

Quick Reply: IGNITION& FUEL PUMP doesnt work. Car doesnt connect to TESTER!?