LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Stainless LT1 headers on ebay... NEW?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stainless LT1 headers on ebay... NEW?

Anyone try these headers before? I'm curious about clearance. They look really nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAMAR...171|240%3A1318
Old 06-29-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

There was a thread on here yesterday about them.

I posted a link in that thread about them.

Here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...-any-good.html
Old 06-29-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

I'd want 2 things from them before I jumped:

1. Verified dyno #'s
2. An absolute guarantee that you can return them if they don't fit right.

The thing in the description about the brand being "generic" bothers me. If someone isn't willing to tell you who made them...well, to me, that's a red flag. Probably more Chinese stuff.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fleetmgr
I'd want 2 things from them before I jumped:

1. Verified dyno #'s
2. An absolute guarantee that you can return them if they don't fit right.

The thing in the description about the brand being "generic" bothers me. If someone isn't willing to tell you who made them...well, to me, that's a red flag. Probably more Chinese stuff.
i know there was a user on here who bought these and had great results with them. and LTs will pretty much dyno about the same, no matter what the brand.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by fleetmgr
2. An absolute guarantee that you can return them if they don't fit right
That's kind of asking much at that point (to an extent). If you want quality, go with something proven. Hookers, Kooks, etc. If you're buying some cheap knock off headers you can't ask for much. Plus, every car is different so to speak.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

LPP needs to update us on the latest batch. I want them!!!

I'm more worried about clearance and poor ground clearance.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:16 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

That's some shiny 304. Are those some more Kooks clones? If they don't suck, that price is pretty hard to beat.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that dam good deal. But I need to hold back on LT cause my tranny is having problem today.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

just looks like a pacesetter LT on the driver's side, and a mirror'd version of it on the passengers side.

more than likely they will fit with about the same issues as anyother name brand headers do. I don't think there's any brand that fits perfect.

if I didn't have hooker's and a y-pipe already, I'd buy a set for sure. true d-port flanges, almost looks like a small merge collector, o2 bungs, and some funky looking clamps that I wouldn't use anyway. but STAINLESS FOR $420 bucks!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Too bad they don't fit very well.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:11 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA

Originally Posted by Mighty Whitey
just looks like a pacesetter LT on the driver's side, and a mirror'd version of it on the passengers side.
They really don't look like Pacesetters. They look like Kooks.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

Those look exactly like the Kooks stepped headers I had, and just like LPPs I have now. they are just missing the Kooks or LPP badges, so they will have the same fitment issues they have. At $1,200 Kooks doesn't give that fit guarantee, why would a company selling a knock off at 1/3 the price do it?

You want a set of headers with no issues, change to a manual rack, no a/c, and remove all emmissions, with a tube k member, with solid or poly mounts, and you won't have a thing to complain about, with most companies. As thats what non emmission, competion only, track only, off road use only means. Just because you want them to fit a daily driver car and get the benefits of long tubes, with a/c on a car, with xxx,xxx amount of miles, with the manufacturing proccess tolerences GM used on this car, does not mean anybody can and will make them in stainless steel that don't crack, at any price, not at $420.00 USD anyways. I guess we can only hope for a set of Hooker stainless knock offs from ebay, but I have not seen those yet.

How about 23* Burns, pro fab, or Stahl polished, inconel, emission tuned, long tube, tri y, 180 headers, with 4" oval, inconel tubing, cat back for under $1,000, that will slip into my DD in 15 mins, with no issues, thats what I want.

Dub

When In Doubt Do Without
Old 06-30-2009, 06:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1993 z28 f1
Hey:

Those look exactly like the Kooks stepped headers I had, and just like LPPs I have now. they are just missing the Kooks or LPP badges, so they will have the same fitment issues they have. At $1,200 Kooks doesn't give that fit guarantee, why would a company selling a knock off at 1/3 the price do it?

You want a set of headers with no issues, change to a manual rack, no a/c, and remove all emmissions, with a tube k member, with solid or poly mounts, and you won't have a thing to complain about, with most companies. As thats what non emmission, competion only, track only, off road use only means. Just because you want them to fit a daily driver car and get the benefits of long tubes, with a/c on a car, with xxx,xxx amount of miles, with the manufacturing proccess tolerences GM used on this car, does not mean anybody can and will make them in stainless steel that don't crack, at any price, not at $420.00 USD anyways. I guess we can only hope for a set of Hooker stainless knock offs from ebay, but I have not seen those yet.

How about 23* Burns, pro fab, or Stahl polished, inconel, emission tuned, long tube, tri y, 180 headers, with 4" oval, inconel tubing, cat back for under $1,000, that will slip into my DD in 15 mins, with no issues, thats what I want.

Dub

When In Doubt Do Without
i understood this whole thing till u said stainless steel that doesnt crack? you think that these headers will crack?
Old 06-30-2009, 07:50 AM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stainless subjected to high heat over an extended period can crack depending on the quality of the stainless used.....happens a lot on turbo setups...
Old 06-30-2009, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

I hope they don't crack, but in the turbo world some of the cheap chinese knock off stainless turbo manifolds had a cracking problem because of how they were stressed and the turbo mounting location heating and cooling, also the stainless was thin and the welds were poor.

I hope and don't think that will happen with these, but nothing is for sure. Also if you want easy fitment don't buy stepped headers.
I think if they had a bad run of headers, as many as they have sold and as hot as its been this year in the US, it would be all over the internet.

Also beware of folks that claim they crack, as they may be jealous you got a deal on something they paid alot for, and want to make you uncomfortable with your purchase, also some compaies have been known to use those tactics to scare folks away from knock off products, because they are pissed off they put all the r&d into a product, took all the finacial risk, advertised it, and then somebody makes an almost exact copy of it without any risk sell them for 1/3 the price because they have no risk that has to be passed on, and they damage the original r&d guys product rep if they do good or bad. If they perform as well or better for less money only true fans or patriots will buy the original products. If they fail and self destruct sometimes x products name gets tarnished because of the association with the crap knock off, "those x brand headers knock offs suck they broke on me.", all anyone hears is those x brand suck and break...

The problem is we all want a good product for less, and when shopping for that we tend to compare like things that have very little or to much in common with the true item we desire. When we find it, we are suspicious, as to what must be wrong with it, to sell for that price. Or how do they sell it so cheap, what a deal! The dicomity of this is what to take a chance on with our hard earned cash, and not get burned. Only time will tell if the knock offs are worthy of your cash, unfortunately that does help now.

If they crack you always can get them repaired and you would still have less invested in them than full price of a name brand set. 93cz28 seems happy with his. They are on with the same install procedures used on Kooks or LPP stepped headers.

Sorry for the long read but for yours all info, If when my project SS is ready and The New LPPs are out I will buy them, if not I will be going with the knock offs to see how they compare. this more than a few months down the road.

Dub

When In Doubt Do Without

Last edited by 1993 z28 f1; 06-30-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:56 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Wouldn't LPP's also be considered "knock offs"?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i have them and i wish i didnt.......they are the worst fitting header out there. please dont wast your money.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

Thanks Bill, I get it and your right. How about Improved knock offs? The poished 321 Stainless is kinda what sets them apart. But fit and design they are "Kooks replica's", how about that instead of knock offs for LPPs as the ebay headers use the same 304 stainless as Kooks, but chinese grade is not the same as US 304 grade steel. They (Chinese) allow for more impurities at the same grade, and we will call them knock offs, to set the 2 apart.

Dub

When In Doubt Do Without
Old 06-30-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i don't like the way the d ports look at all. there was another set on ebay that had good looking d ports but had emissions fittings too
Old 06-30-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

The D ports don't really matter much as long as they are bigger than your ex ports.

Dub

When In Doubt Do Without

Quick Reply: Stainless LT1 headers on ebay... NEW?