LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

anyone wanna give me a hand

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone wanna give me a hand

Just kidding but if anyone wants to tell me want kind of PITA job i am looking at and how on parts i will be spending. I have to do heater core, brakes, and full tune up Meaning plugs wires oil maybe tranny flush and want not anyone wanna tell me how much I was thinkng like 300 for everthing minus tranny flush i know how much that costs. Wat all do i have to take out for the heater core i think glove box and maybe some vent tubes Anything else Just looking for some overrall advice
Old 08-11-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

<<<<<< And the sound of clapping fills the air >>>>>>

There, I gave you a hand.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just get rid of the a/c and that deletes all your problems there... a trans flush is stupid easy, just drop the trans pan and replace the filter, and then take about 7 quarts of trans fluid and fill it back up. Brakes are easy, even for a newb like me... in terms of a tune up, changing the spark plugs may be a little bit of a pain, especially the back plugs unless you have the right tools.

Where are you located? if you want help, people need to know where you are haha

I'm pretty helpful, but to be honest, I would just pull the A/C cuz that gets expensive to fix.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You can just bypass the heater core for now. Just loop the heater hose ports on the water pump with some hose and a pair of clamps. Should be like 10 bucks. But to remove it completely you have to remove the inside dash.

Brakes are not a big job. Get a hold of a 4" c-clamp to compress the pistons. Not too expensive either if you go with some cheap duralast brakes. I think you can get it done for under 100 bucks.

Full tune up is the big PITA, especially if you haven't done it before. Get a 5/8" spark plug socket, and a 19mm ratcheting wrench, that will help for some of them. Also get a swivel head wrench, works well with a 3" extension to get the rest of the spark plugs. Some have to be removed from the bottom. Take your time, try not to get frustrated and curse GM. If you do decide to remove the heater core, you'll have plenty of access for the plugs. NGK TR55 spark plugs are ~3 bucks a plug. Duralast wires are around 30-40 bucks. I'd get MSD 8.5mm wires if you can swing it, that's a little more than 100 bucks.

You can drain your trans and install fresh fluid (and new filter and gasket if auto). Valvoline dex/merc ATF is something like 5 buck a quart.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ what he said haha
Old 08-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
You can just bypass the heater core for now. Just loop the heater hose ports on the water pump with some hose and a pair of clamps. Should be like 10 bucks. But to remove it completely you have to remove the inside dash.

Brakes are not a big job. Get a hold of a 4" c-clamp to compress the pistons. Not too expensive either if you go with some cheap duralast brakes. I think you can get it done for under 100 bucks.

Full tune up is the big PITA, especially if you haven't done it before. Get a 5/8" spark plug socket, and a 19mm ratcheting wrench, that will help for some of them. Also get a swivel head wrench, works well with a 3" extension to get the rest of the spark plugs. Some have to be removed from the bottom. Take your time, try not to get frustrated and curse GM. If you do decide to remove the heater core, you'll have plenty of access for the plugs. NGK TR55 spark plugs are ~3 bucks a plug. Duralast wires are around 30-40 bucks. I'd get MSD 8.5mm wires if you can swing it, that's a little more than 100 bucks.

You can drain your trans and install fresh fluid (and new filter and gasket if auto). Valvoline dex/merc ATF is something like 5 buck a quart.

Bullshit with your Duralast noise!!! Ha I work for O'reilly's.