Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Engine Guides
Print Wikipost

First Mods on stock LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 01:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im lost on this thing.

how the hell can i post on this dam sight?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oboro
Redo the hole intake Throttle body,MAF get an intake and an intake manafold try to get 85mm for everything. then re do the whole exhaust from headders with bigest heders you can get and the rest of the exaust got with 3.5" tubing or 4" whatever then get it tuned with a much bigger cam. you will somke alot off ppl.
His intake will only flow what his heads will let him flow. If you're going to open up the intake you should open up the heads as well or else you may actually lose power b/c the heads would be restricted and unmatched to the ported intake.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Staging Lane

Subframe connectors (SFC's) are the first things I would install on any 82-02 F-Body.
For the LT1 engine then PCM tune or if its an OBDII then a OBDI conversion.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

damn theres allot of newbs givin advice latley...
Redo the hole intake Throttle body,MAF get an intake and an intake manafold try to get 85mm for everything. then re do the whole exhaust from headders with bigest heders you can get and the rest of the exaust got with 3.5" tubing or 4" whatever then get it tuned with a much bigger cam. you will somke alot off ppl.
this is the LT1 section dude, there is no '85mm for everything'.

Last edited by z_speedfreak; 02-19-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
damn theres allot of nebs givin advice latley...

this is the LT1 section dude, there is no '85mm for everything'.
+1 i seconds that motion lol

anyway just do ur simple bolt ons for now...TB, Underdrive, CAI, Headers, Exhaust, I'd stick a decent cam in it maybe like a 222/230 on a 112 job or somthing like that should run well with stock heads and still give you plenty under the curve to get these boats moving. Also attack the suspension hard...ditch that rear cause thats breaking the first time out....I'd run either a 12 bolt or an S60 with a locker with some steep gear. Also put the good ole drag pack on it the weld draglites are a light and affordable wheel, put a nice slick out back and a skinny up front and theres alot of time and mph right there. Do the LCA relocation and that will give you the correct geometry to achieve a proper launch as well. I'd throw a set of DB's in it just to give yourself some adjustability in the spring rates too. From there I cant remember if you said it was an Auto or a stick but if its an auto definatly put a nice converter in it I'd reccomend a 3600 vigilante or similar.

Finally free mod the car to death.....pull the weight out and ditch the EGR and the AIR systems they're completely useless. And get a good tune in the car you'd be supprised what a perfect tune will do!!!

Hope this helps.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

how the hell can i post on this dam sight?
Go to the part of the site where they talk about LSX cars, and get out of the LT1 section
Old 02-19-2010, 02:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on getting rid of that emissions crap. takes up space and looks like crap, not to mention the weight. About 9 pounds if i remember correctly?-with all the hoses and the air pump ect. someone correct me if Im wrong.

Quick Reply: First Mods on stock LT1?