LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Trickflow Top End Kit/ 383 Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

www.advancedinduction.com

All you need to know. If your serious and have the funds, call them and they will get you where you need to be and your car WILL haul ***...
Old 02-28-2010, 11:11 PM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 95CamaroZ
We have a couple ricers that are very quick and they dominate the car shows on the weekends...... and most of the mustangs have been hooked up like crazy and i wanna be able to keep up easily.........the trickflow kit i am looking at is Trick Flow® 430 HP GenX™ Top-End Engine Kits for GM LT1 and i wanna know if it is any good and what else possibly has to be changed
With that kit 430 at the flywheel, which would mean your spend close to 3 grand and making 400rwhp or less depending on if you get all the corresponding mods like injectors, cai, long tube, full exhaust, and tune.

If you take some of these guys advice you can get closer to your goals, and spend a reasonable amount.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally you need to slow down a bit and start spending money on the stuff you are going to need to have in the car and all the bugs worked out of them.

First off do you need to pass emissions?

Lets start with the exhaust from the engine back. Headers!!! headers!!!! headers!!!! single best bolton for power, on an LT1. Emissions are going to dictate weather it's long tubes or shorties with air fittings. High flow cats or no cat?

Rubber, Rear and trans.
Trans is going to die on 500 flywheel you need something built to take it.
The rear will more than likley puke it's guts out at some point. need to change it at some time before or after and relocate the control arm brakets to get traction. also GEARS!!! 2.73 is not preformance unless you are running a ton of boost.
Ruber get a wider tire so you can stop spinning. when I added longtubes and an off road Y with a cat back to my car I could not spinning the 8inch street tires. 9.5's are better but 10's are better yet.

that should keep a budget busy for a while. When those are done, build the engine
Old 02-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

call corey at clayton racing, he will point you in the right direction and will give you an excellent deal. personally i would do the bolt ons first, otherwise ur goin to be in over yoour head. with bolt ons you will spank most of the street cars out there

Quick Reply: Trickflow Top End Kit/ 383 Kit