Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a 94
Old 09-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Launching!

ok i know this thread is a lil old but i used the search and found this one with the most info ive seen so far...iam about to do the egr block off...got some hookers with out the emmisions crap so what i was wondering is were do the 2 vaccumm hoses go that are on the back of the intake?? pics would help alot.. thanks
Old 09-29-2010, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

98-99 cars you will need a block off for the front of the intake, two block offs for the air tubes and one egr block off for the manifold. Remove the pump and relays on front left side of car. This can be done from underneath by removing the access panel. two eight MM screws I think. Then remove the air tubes on the manifold and install block offs. Then remove EGR on exhaust manifold and intake and block off, remove solenoid. Then remove all Tubing and cap off vacume line. On 2000 and above the egr in not on the front. The pump and lines and Air tube are pretty much the same. The soleniod is on the left rear of engine. It is bolted to the rear of the driver side head I think its a 15 mm bolt I think or 10 MM. I can't remember. The gronds are 15 MM and I can't remember if that soleniod bolt is the same. Except for the EGR on the earlier models it is pretty much the same. After all the items and been removed and blocked you need someone with HP tuners or efi live to go in and leave all the systems enabled but select ( 3-no error reported ). This will still leave the system acctivated in the eyes of the emmisions tester but will be non-functional. It will pass as slick *** a wistle. The Air pump systems only works at cold start up. It helps get the converters to heat up quicker. That is all they do period. The EGR does nothing but recirculate burnt gasses through in the intake system a second time for lower Exhaust emmisions. With the right settings in the VCM your engine will run just like new with absolutly no adverse side effects.I can get you all the code numbers you will need if you need them. Just PM me.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

I have a 95 and deleted AIR/EGR and havent tuned it yet and it runs like a champ. No worries just tear it all out.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by STREETSLEEPER
98-99 cars you will need a block off for the front of the intake, two block offs for the air tubes and one egr block off for the manifold. Remove the pump and relays on front left side of car. This can be done from underneath by removing the access panel. two eight MM screws I think. Then remove the air tubes on the manifold and install block offs. Then remove EGR on exhaust manifold and intake and block off, remove solenoid. Then remove all Tubing and cap off vacume line. On 2000 and above the egr in not on the front. The pump and lines and Air tube are pretty much the same. The soleniod is on the left rear of engine. It is bolted to the rear of the driver side head I think its a 15 mm bolt I think or 10 MM. I can't remember. The gronds are 15 MM and I can't remember if that soleniod bolt is the same. Except for the EGR on the earlier models it is pretty much the same. After all the items and been removed and blocked you need someone with HP tuners or efi live to go in and leave all the systems enabled but select ( 3-no error reported ). This will still leave the system acctivated in the eyes of the emmisions tester but will be non-functional. It will pass as slick *** a wistle. The Air pump systems only works at cold start up. It helps get the converters to heat up quicker. That is all they do period. The EGR does nothing but recirculate burnt gasses through in the intake system a second time for lower Exhaust emmisions. With the right settings in the VCM your engine will run just like new with absolutly no adverse side effects.I can get you all the code numbers you will need if you need them. Just PM me.
This is the LT1 Forum. None of what you typed pertains to LT1 cars.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:10 PM

Default tuning

where can i find a programmer to turn off check engine light for my 96 trans am wanting to take off secondary air and cats and egr any ideas what to use to reflash ecm
Old 12-17-2012, 02:29 PM

Default ?

Originally Posted by psykj
where can i find a programmer to turn off check engine light for my 96 trans am wanting to take off secondary air and cats and egr any ideas what to use to reflash ecm

Were you able to find a place that can do this for you?
Old 12-18-2012, 04:38 AM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just find a tuner near you or buy the software......BTW this thread is 2 years old
Old 01-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Teching In

where can i find the egr block off kits?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check the list of vendors on the righthand side.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:15 PM
Teching In

For me it just ran slightly more sluggish. Working on getting it tuned as soon as I know how or where to do it
Originally Posted by ryanosborne
has anyone had any experience with deleting the egr and air without getting it tuned out?
Old 05-31-2016, 05:38 PM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by LS_Gun
For me it just ran slightly more sluggish.
Did you use a block off plate on the EGR mount of the intake? A vacuum leak could be causing your issue.

Quick Reply: what exactly do i need for e.g.r delete and a.i.r delete