Old 12-28-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AChotrod
60es are not unreliable.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see why a bolt on class would need a th350 there are plenty of good trans builders now that build a good 4l60.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

How fast have you gone in a 6spd?
60es get beat to death every everyday and still work fine in 200k cars. They are no less reliable than a t56 launching at 5k. Either way a rear end will only give a m6 the chance to sit with a stalled a4 and will rob the HP from it and make it weigh more.
Now if they want a full on no limits bolt on class thats a different story but I doubt a field like that will be filled. A Street stock class is something for the regular street car not a race car with bolt on engine. IMO
Old 12-28-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No idea if anyone else is running a setup like i have but i have a stock crank, stock replacement rods (GMPP) and stock replacement pistons (Mahle) for a .03 overbore with ARP hardware throughout. Would that still be considered stock bottom end?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

How fast have you gone in a 6spd?
60es get beat to death every everyday and still work fine in 200k cars. They are no less reliable than a t56 launching at 5k. Either way a rear end will only give a m6 the chance to sit with a stalled a4 and will rob the HP from it and make it weigh more.
Now if they want a full on no limits bolt on class thats a different story but I doubt a field like that will be filled. A Street stock class is something for the regular street car not a race car with bolt on engine. IMO
9.3x (1.3x 60') is the fastest 1/4 I've been in a 6 speed, not that it matters here.

If a 4L60 can live, then so can a 10 bolt in a 6 speed. Weight is not a factor, 3400 is the limit. If a 6 speed has to run a 10.5" 14 bolt corporate rear, it will approach the HP consumption of a stalled auto. With stock driveline, autos leave harder and 6 speeds MPH higher. Since we are discussing standing start 1/4 mile races, the car that leaves harder has the advantage. If you take that away from the auto cars by allowing any driveline in a 6 speed then the car that puts more power to the tires will win.

No idea what you are talking about with "a full on no limits bolt on class" vs. a "street stock" class. You are the one proposing allowing driveline swaps that would bring it closer to a "race car with bolt on engine" class?

If the rules are going to be open driveline except for stock type auto trans, then, at least 2 steps should be banned on 6 speed cars.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
No idea if anyone else is running a setup like i have but i have a stock crank, stock replacement rods (GMPP) and stock replacement pistons (Mahle) for a .03 overbore with ARP hardware throughout. Would that still be considered stock bottom end?
Don't you have a cam anyway?That would put you out of this class if I understand it correctly.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gizmo, tony, shon and others i can only access the internet through my phone for a few days. Laptop is getting fixed. But i will be in touch. Im glad this class is such a hit! I honestly knew this would gain a lot of attention but to this degree i had no idea!

and for the record I WILL BE THERE
Old 12-29-2010, 12:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gizmo, tony, shon and others i can only access the internet through my phone for a few days. Laptop is getting fixed. But i will be in touch. Im glad this class is such a hit! I honestly knew this would gain a lot of attention but to this degree i had no idea!

Old 12-29-2010, 06:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Nope. You are running more cubes. Your block had to be machined, which opens up a huge can of worms. A properly machined block can add lots of power to a car.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Nope, you are an extreme street NA car.......if it touches oil and its new then you are not "street stock"......

Originally Posted by 05HD
9.3x (1.3x 60') is the fastest 1/4 I've been in a 6 speed, not that it matters here.

If a 4L60 can live, then so can a 10 bolt in a 6 speed. Weight is not a factor, 3400 is the limit. If a 6 speed has to run a 10.5" 14 bolt corporate rear, it will approach the HP consumption of a stalled auto. With stock driveline, autos leave harder and 6 speeds MPH higher. Since we are discussing standing start 1/4 mile races, the car that leaves harder has the advantage. If you take that away from the auto cars by allowing any driveline in a 6 speed then the car that puts more power to the tires will win.

No idea what you are talking about with "a full on no limits bolt on class" vs. a "street stock" class. You are the one proposing allowing driveline swaps that would bring it closer to a "race car with bolt on engine" class?

If the rules are going to be open driveline except for stock type auto trans, then, at least 2 steps should be banned on 6 speed cars.
easy guys try and stay on topic of the original quesiton so gizmo can get a good gauge of the cars in attendence......if you think u can run street stock please post up your mods
thanks!!!

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12

I know you'll be in tony we got a def two going from our area so far!!!

Originally Posted by joelster
Nope. You are running more cubes. Your block had to be machined, which opens up a huge can of worms. A properly machined block can add lots of power to a car.
Yep absolutly, alot of gains to be had there.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
easy guys try and stay on topic of the original quesiton so gizmo can get a good gauge of the cars in attendence......if you think u can run street stock please post up your mods
thanks!!!
X2.

A lot of guys said that they wanted this class. This thread is meant to guage interest and also to get an idea of where the bar needs to be set. The race is not until September, so I think we have a month or two to come up with some rules that will allow a decent size field and close racing.

What we need right now is positive input from people who really want this.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have two buddies, with one who will be picking up a '93 Z auto for sure next month. Problem is, the motor is seized and will be some definite tearing into. We will be posting up tonight on our thoughts on the class.

Also, do you guys need any additional help with teching and such? Regardless if I will have a car at the Shootout this year (my Z is in tear-down mode and I'm not sure when it will be finished), I will be there with bells on. I'll drive my GTO down there if I don't have a car to participate with.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's all about the power of the bolt-on LT1. Transmissions, rear ends and what not should not matter. You have your engine and you have your weight.
To make it fair, light weights would ballast up and the overweights handicap would be made up at the tree. That eliminates all the variables. Or take the heaviest car and that's the race weight. Now that's headsup!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lt1-xjs
It's all about the power of the bolt-on LT1. Transmissions, rear ends and what not should not matter. You have your engine and you have your weight.
There is a huge advantage to be had by changing transmissions. Not so much in the rear end due to rotating weight. If anything the ten bolt would be faster. The problem with the rears is that it costs a bunch of money to beef up a 10-bolt and most guys on here will upgrade to a 12-bolt, etc. before they will spend money on a 10-bolt.

To make it fair, light weights would ballast up and the overweights handicap would be made up at the tree. That eliminates all the variables. Or take the heaviest car and that's the race weight. Now that's headsup!
This class will be run heads-up off a pro tree.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

exactly alot can be gained in the trans/converter.........stock model transmissions only.....if ur car came with a 4l60e it has to have one in it to race...etc...
Old 12-29-2010, 10:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 05HD

Sorry guys, but the orig post asked for Ideas on the rules, and this guy wants full on race cars in the bolt on class. I think our discussion is on topic.

So your saying you have on of the fastest 6speed cars in the country?? Taners car is the fastest true 6speed f-body in the world and he goes 1.3s

2 steps should not be allowed they arent in EX NA. Why should they be allowed in Street stock?

I was under the impression this would be a class for your daily driver type car Not A race car with a bolt on motor.

I still dont agree with your rear end logic, A 6spd car with a rear end will lose a lot of its rwhp advantage and end up weighing more, throw in a twin disk clutch and they prob end up real close in rwhp. Thus taking away any HP advantage and the drive still has to SHIFT. But to tell you the truth I dont see many if any cars in this class having one in the first place. Also I didnt propose the aftermarket rear I just agree with it.

Im out of this thread now since I wont be racing in anyway. Ill be in Mod NA or PA sice Im swapping to a th350 lol

Last edited by AChotrod; 12-29-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Heads up, pro tree, courtesy staging and no 2 steps and then the open driveline swaps for 6 speeds rule doesn't matter as much.

Oh yeah, is this going to be F body/B body/Y body class or anything with an LT1 since there is now a guy with a Jaguar posting in here and we have already decided on open driveline swaps?
Old 12-29-2010, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry guys, but the orig post asked for Ideas on the rules, and this guy wants full on race cars in the bolt on class. I think our discussion is on topic.

So your saying you have on of the fastest 6speed cars in the country?? Taners car is the fastest true 6speed f-body in the world and he goes 1.3s

2 steps should not be allowed they arent in EX NA. Why should they be allowed in Street stock?

I was under the impression this would be a class for your daily driver type car Not A race car with a bolt on motor.

I still dont agree with your rear end logic, A 6spd car with a rear end will lose a lot of its rwhp advantage and end up weighing more, throw in a twin disk clutch and they prob end up real close in rwhp. Thus taking away any HP advantage and the drive still has to SHIFT. But to tell you the truth I dont see many if any cars in this class having one in the first place. Also I didnt propose the aftermarket rear I just agree with it.

Im out of this thread now since I wont be racing in anyway. Ill be in Mod NA or PA sice Im swapping to a th350 lol
Wanting stock driveline is wanting full on race cars? Twin disk clutches take away HP? I can't continue to debate with a person who thinks like that.

To clarify my response to your irrelevant tangential conversation, I never said I went 9.3 in a 6 speed F body. You just asked about 6 speed.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

Dude your clueless I knew it from your post about running E85 or race gas in your 3.23 geared Ebay header monster. PM sent
Old 12-29-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Dude your clueless I knew it from your post about running E85 or race gas in your 3.23 geared Ebay header monster. PM sent
Mike,

Please be nice!

Thanks,

Daren

Quick Reply: "Street Stock" At The LTX Shootout 2011