LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Please help, looked everywhere at a loss

Old 01-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help, looked everywhere at a loss

I have been a member for awhile, I have looked all over this forum and the internet with no luck.
1994 Camaro Lt1, car has 83000 miles on it, I only get the car out on nice days. I start the car and let the car run normally and make sure it gets up to operating temp. About two years ago I noticed a problem. Car starts right up when cold, if I shut the car off and try to start it right back up its hard to start only after its warm. It also shifts into the next gear to soon, I basically have to floor the car to shift down when its warm. Has a little bit of a miss when warm but not when cold? Also when the car is warm if a blip the throttle it bogs down for a second? I have put on a new msd opti, plugs, plug wires, MAS, ignition control module, coil, the car has good fuel pressure and I replaced the intake manifold gasket about three years ago. I took it to as a good shop, I had a cut in the intake tube, they blamed that, I put on a new aluminum one, no luck?
Has a K&N intake, SLP loudmouth exhaust and a jet chip? I took the chip out. Anybody think it’s the 02 sensors? I get no check engine light nothing? Car seems to run rich? Maybe a clogged cat? I am at a loss any help would be great and thanks in advance.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry its late, I have never replaced the opti unit, just the msd cap and rotor. Sorry
Old 01-13-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

might wanna do that...change the opti, and make sure the fuel pressure is correct, tape it to the window and go for short cruise and see if fluctuates.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:01 PM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If the 02 sensor isn't switching from .1 to .9 volts it might be bad.

Could be ICM issue, they are mounted on the head and get heat soaked and cause problems.

The shift issue could be bad solenoid or a problem with the TPS sensor, giving you shifting problems and other issues. Good idea to check if the TPS sensor is working properly.

Last edited by LT1; 01-13-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would test you TPS sensor first and then look to the O2's and other ignition stuff. Here is how to test stuff on the car, go to this site and rear through all the great info and you can test just about everything before you start replacing parts that may not fix it.
http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech1.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please help, looked everywhere at a loss