LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   LT1-LT4 Modifications (https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications-31/)
-   -   Procharger on stock LT-1 bottom end? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/1375957-procharger-stock-lt-1-bottom-end.html)

slomarao 01-21-2011 12:47 AM

Put a set of heads on the car. You can get to 400rwhp or close to it and have it be quick on the low end. Just gear the car properly, later on if you still want to go FI you will have the topend done. Just change the cam.

95mysticta 01-21-2011 09:06 AM

I was going to do the same thing. Picked up a 8lb P600b kit for dirt dirt cheap and was going to throw it on till i found out how much lt1s dont like them on stock motors. Threw the idea of building an engine around and decided after all the time and money it wasnt ideal for me and going to cost alot of cash to build it up and then only for 8lbs max which would have been still sweet but everyone gets the itch to crank to boost and wasnt the smartest choice. Building an n/a motor now and happy i ditched it.

bigmac108 01-21-2011 01:59 PM

You will be fine to run that blower setup on your application! A tune will make the difference on the longevity of that stock engine. The transmission i feel would be the biggest concern. If it is an automatic then it may need some love. It is easy to drive through the intermediate band in second gear and also with power the first thing to blow it is the 3/4 clutch pack or the forward sprag. I would say roll till it blows but just know high rpm is going to kill the 3/4 clutch pack. I know this from friends putting blower set up's on their f-bodies. Then they want to go perform it and blow up the tranny! I am the tranny builder so i see the failures! More than likely everything will last and remember if you are launching pull the shifter back to first cause it runs the overrun cluches and puts less stress on the transmission. If this car is a 6-speed you will definitely be good to go except for the rear end. If you put a stout clutch in it, then you will be very likely to kill that rear end!

qc97z 01-21-2011 02:42 PM

^ I won't be the first to flame you, but someone will. Just a fair warning.

vtec 01-21-2011 04:01 PM

i guess i need to put a blower on my stock motor now...

Jon@BruteSpeed 01-21-2011 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by LSWHO (Post 14389345)
Holy hell, I wondered if that car was still alive. Awesome to hear it's still going. I have you bookmarked on my browser.

LOL...still going. It was funny when making some passes for GMHTP. After half a dozen back to back passes on a 90 deg day, the photographer asked is this thing ok??? I laughed and asked if he needed any more photos.

The engine is fine, the rearend needs some help. The axle engagement spline on the aluminum spool are shot...just about stripped out, thinking of changing some things back there anyway. I'll keep the progress updated on the Brutespeed site.

Cheers...going out to work on the snowmobile :chug: This weather in Indiana is frinkin cold!! Jon