LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Autometer oil pres./water temp gauge install

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 11:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Autometer oil pres./water temp gauge install

So I hit ebay and picked up a mechanical oil pressure gauge and a water temp gauge. I plan to install these inside the car. Now I've heard that I should get a copper tubing kit for the oil pressure gauge? I was also told the line that comes with the water temp gauge is fine though?

I think I'm going to use the port above the oil filter and for the water temp gauge the port that is unused in the passenger side head? Any advice on these installs? I'm going to put the gauges in the area under my stereo, replacing the narrowband and nitrous gauges I have there now. If you have multiple mechanical gauges did you run both lines though one grommet? Can I have a few inches of extra tubing behind the gauge? The way the gauges are mounted I have to remove that piece whenever I want to do something with the gauges or radio.

Also are the fittings supplied with the gauges all I need or do I need something else for the engine side?
Old 02-13-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id be a little cautious running a mech oil gauge inside the car, just make sure its tight.
i hooked my sending unit for my electrical gauge in the port above the oil filter. its got enough room to fit the sending unit but it was a PITA trying to get it in the port, no room at all to move your hands around. depending on what brand gauges you ordered some may come with most of the fittings. i know when i ordered my autometer gauges everything i needed came with the gauges

Quick Reply: Autometer oil pres./water temp gauge install