LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Where is the pipe running along inside our LT1 radiator....?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where is the pipe running along inside our LT1 radiator....?

Sorry for the dumb question but when shining a light behind the LT1 radiator and looking through the fins I can't seem to find any pipe. Now I can only see about a 1/3 of the way down the radiator because it is installed in the car.

The reason I ask is because I am going to do an over the radiator CAI and I got some directions from somebody on here that I will need to cut some of the radiator fins.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Launching!

never heard of having to cut the radiator. i seen a few post where the radiator was leaned back more to make the extra room. do a little more searching. the one i'm thinking of was one a camaro with a stock hood. all that he cut was a rectangle in the frame infront of the radiator for the filter to sit in.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 5_LTR_ETR
never heard of having to cut the radiator. i seen a few post where the radiator was leaned back more to make the extra room. do a little more searching. the one i'm thinking of was one a camaro with a stock hood. all that he cut was a rectangle in the frame infront of the radiator for the filter to sit in.
I just now leaned it back and noticed I should be able to do just that. Still curious where the pipe is though.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

http://www.coolingsystemsservices.ca...B-HE-RAD-1.gif the lines that are vertical are fins and the ovals that are horizontal are the tubes which coolant passes through.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by goinfast
http://www.coolingsystemsservices.ca...B-HE-RAD-1.gif the lines that are vertical are fins and the ovals that are horizontal are the tubes which coolant passes through.
I see. Thanks.