LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Coupler Mod Project.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coupler Mod Project.

Well, I had some time on my hands to do something I have been thinking about for a while.
I did a "coupler" mod to replace the hideous "accordion" looking rubber boot in between the MAF and the throttle body off the RAM AIR LT1 AIRBOX.
1). Start by opening the hood and locating your air box, remove the 4 screws that hold the air filter plastic cover in place.

2). Remove the air filter, next remove the bolt that holds the bottom of the air box in place to the radiator shroud cover.
3). Disconnect your MAF harness, pull out the line from the "accordion boot" and disconnect any other sensors or air line from the air box.
4). Loosen all the hose clamps and remover entire assembly off your throttle body.
5). Attach the 4" side of the coupler to your throttle body. In my case it is a BBK and I had to tighten the clamp well to make it seal properly.
6). Attach the MAF into the 3" opening of the Coupler. It took me 2 flathead screw drivers to work the boot around the opening. BE PATIENT BUT IT WILL FIT.
7). Poke a small hole on the drivers side to re-plum the original line that was there.
8). Slide the air box back into place and tighten the ORIGINAL CLAMP that was in front of the MAF.
9). Re-install the air filter and the filter cover.
10). Tighten all clamps and install all the lines and sensors.

PLEASE DONT KILL ME..IT'S MY FIRST WRITE UP.