LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bearing noise after opti install

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bearing noise after opti install

I am getting a bearing noise in front of my motor after I did a opti install. I removed the belt and the noise is not going away; but if I rev it I can not hear the noise. The car was running with the old opti and I did not hear this noise, after I installed the new opti I started having a bearing noise in front of the motor. What could be the cause; there is less than 20mi on the motor, the new opti is a autozone rebuilt opti. I know I should stay with a GM only opti, but I figured since I only need the sensor part of the opti for my ltcc ignition a autozone opti should be fine.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by henry172
a autozone opti should be fine.
If you had no noise before and now you do, chances are very great it's the opti. The autozone optis are ****. I bought one and before going out of the store, took it out of the package and turned the rotor and felt the rotor catch and heard a putrid scraping sound. I would take it off and take it back. Hopefully they give you a full refund.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Yes I am thinking opti also I am sure they will refund me my money then I am going to the order a GM unit.

Quick Reply: Bearing noise after opti install