LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel issue on circle track

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel issue on circle track

Hey everyone, just a small question. A couple of weeks back i took my 94 Z28 to our local track just for **** to see how well it would handle and it held very well. My only issue i found was when i was exiting the turns all the fuel had sloshed to the right side and when i tried to get speed on the straight the car just puttered down the track. How ever once it evened out i was golden again but by then i was alrdy entering the next turn. I ran just a tad under half a tank. Other then running with more fuel what are some suggestions for this? Not trying to build the car for a circle track but its fun to go out and play with friends who do this.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You need a tank with more baffling, or run with more in the tank - that's about your only option.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
You need a tank with more baffling, or run with more in the tank - that's about your only option.
do you think theres a way to run dual pick ups joe? one on each side of the tank?
Old 07-24-2011, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Were might one pick up a tank with more baffles? Running more fuel wouldn't be an issue just seeing if there was any other ideas out there. If i was running the car for that track maybe converting the fuel pump to the right side would be a good way to go.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh those were the good ole days! Sounds like you were in a spectator race.

I now have to add the .02 no one ever wants to hear, unfortunately it is reality. While it is fun to occasionally run one of those events, it is doing more harm than good when it comes up to being a regular thing. Your oil is doing the same exact thing the fuel is doing, that can also be bad lol. Other thiongs that arent so great is your tires and suspension wont last long at all. Then there is the safetry factor of having regular glass and an explosive gas bomb in the back.
The cars that run on those tracks are dedicated cars with specialized parts, I am sure you know this lol. Try to find a bomber class car cheap for sale or build ya one of yer own, you are only hurtin your car for now Watch out cuz the racing bug is addictive no matter what kind it is.

Quick Reply: Fuel issue on circle track