LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

honda style 3 core radiator for drag racing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda style 3 core radiator for drag racing?

ok so I have asked around and I have gotten a 50/50 yes no answer. The car sees sunday cruises and track time only no traffic driving or long hauls during the day mostly day time is track or goin to get gas. I'm goin to a bigger turbo and I'm reloating it to the front of the motor and well the radiator doesn't allow room. Now I have seen the rads pushed bak into the support but haven't seen a small rad used. I see the big pro guys use them on 600 inh twin turbo cars and I have seen those cars do 5 to 6 hot laps where the run back to back and don't shut the car off and run 180 the entire time and run a honda sized radiator 3 and 4 row ones. I'm 383 inches and a single gt4202 on 20 psi. I make close to 715 wheel and don't intend to go much past 850 once I'm used to the car. It would be awesome run one make my build 1000 times easier. I'm on a water to air system also. Let me know what ya think just an idea so don't be a smart ***.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a 69 Nova with a hot 283. Ran 12.00 and held the AHRA record for four years. The radiator was a VW Rabbit two pass. Had an electric water pump VW fan set up with the rubber flappers like a stock LT1. I could make back to back runs all day long and it would never overheat. If the Honda is anything like that I would not be afraid to try it.

Al 95 Z28

Quick Reply: honda style 3 core radiator for drag racing?