LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

another first time at the track thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBadWhitey
Hey! You must have been the one in the Silver with black rims?
I was in the red procharged camaro, and my brother was the black/blue turbo'd 383. You ran really great times, but could defiantly use some sticky tires.
ya i talked to your brother briefly. what kind of times were you guys running? i could use a lot or practice for sure but i was pretty consistent with the times i listed through 4 passes. anyone willing to take a look at my tune/datalogs?
Old 08-07-2011, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The track in kelowna isnt a terribly fast track. Even the more race prepped cars were closer to the high 6 low 7 mark. The track isnt great for traction and even people on decent slicks were having a hard time launching.

Edit: That was my first time ever at a track/taking the car from a light. My first run reaction time was 1.8 seconds. I know right? I was nervous. The car is boosted on a stock block too so i was worried about ripping it. I rolled out of the hole, no burn out, and shifted at 4.5k rpm every time and ran a 10.65 @ 70. ( I know im going to get hated on hard for those times, but either way i just just going for experiance)
My brothers times were better, but with as much power as hes making on stock sized tires they were not good at all.
I think your car ran like hell traction aside.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5 liter! you should give me a call next time you go to the track! i wanna see what my truck will run. haha also if your ever down for beers...i know of a great place(house right beside gyro beach)

Quick Reply: another first time at the track thread