LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My cut outs are in!!! Questions before the install.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My cut outs are in!!! Questions before the install.

I got two dmh electric cut outs. The low profile ones if it matters. Now the directions are scarce at best but from what it looks like. I get the exhaust shop to cut and weld up just the cut out to my y pipe. Then hope i make it home without the man on my *** (since the cut outs will be open at this stage) then get it home and bolt up the valve with the sealant and turn down piece dmh provided, correct? Anyone know why it seems they included what looks like 2 block off plates in the package? I can't figure it out. They look like block off plates for the cut outs but i don't know why. Thanks, this is my first cut out install!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just pick up some cut out plates from advance or vato zone
Old 08-23-2011, 08:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do NOT let the place install your cutouts without fitting the electric cutout flanges in first. It's going to be a REAL BITCH if they weld the cutouts in only to find out you don't have enough clearance for the motors and valve.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:56 PM
FormerVendor

The block off plates are to block off the flanges in a case of a motor failure or as you are doing ( driving home without motors )

you must have the cutouts assembled to properly fit them

I would also suggest bolting on the block offs during welding to help keep the flange true during welding.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Do NOT let the place install your cutouts without fitting the electric cutout flanges in first. It's going to be a REAL BITCH if they weld the cutouts in only to find out you don't have enough clearance for the motors and valve.
Buddy with the lift, welder, cutter and anything else you can imagine is going to help me out again thursday so i'll be able to check everything out myself before it's welded up! I think where I plan on have them (right after the turns on the y pipe) is completely open and should be an easy install. Still nervous about wiring but i found a guide and if anything it will be time consuming.

Originally Posted by Larry @ AMS
The block off plates are to block off the flanges in a case of a motor failure or as you are doing ( driving home without motors )

you must have the cutouts assembled to properly fit them

I would also suggest bolting on the block offs during welding to help keep the flange true during welding.
Thank you!!! That's what I needed.

Quick Reply: My cut outs are in!!! Questions before the install.