LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help!

hey guys, I need some help with my 97 trans am. I bought the car for 1800 with a lot of electrical issues. in order for the car to start the previous owner had a switch that had one wire ran to the open battery port on the inside fuse box. and another wire ran to one of the fuses in the engine bay fuse box. by flipping the switch it basically was like turning the key to "on". primed my fuel pump, turned all dash lights on and everything. if that switched was off and if I tried starting it nothing would happen. I tried passing rigging up a resistor to pass the vats or bcm. still needed that switch to run the car. recently the switch became disconnected and I have no clue how to get this thing running properly. I need someone's help on bypassing something correctly. thank you guys so much!
Old 11-05-2015, 06:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Its really hard to troubleshoot something like this from behind a keyboard. You need to drop the kick panel under the dash and see what kind of splicing he did, and try to put it back to stock, and then we can go from there. Pictures help alot.

Quick Reply: need help!