LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1/lt4 edelbrock intake fitment issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would do better with a 52mm TB, headers, cam, better intake and exhaust with a full dyno tune. The 58mm is too much for a stock motor and will be a wast of money and COULD even HURT the performance. The Edelbrock intake has VERY LITTLE gains over stock and your $500 could be better invested elsewhere! Use it on suspension or tires or something to make the new HP you just made actually hook rather than wasting it on an intake that does you almost no good. The stock intake is perfect for whatever you need, and here is something awesome....IT IS FREE lol. If you get heads, all you need to worry about is porting it to match. The Edelbrock intake looks good and yes it has their name on it, but it is NOT worth the $500 you are paying for the little amount it adds. That money will make more power if spent more efficiently on better parts.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you do some research you will find the full Edelcrap package on a Caprice nitrous is slower than my old heads/cam setup was NA on street tires. It ran 12.7 at like 107-108 with the slicks and tools in the trunk so raceweight for that was an easy 4400lbs.
http://www.superchevy.com/technical/.../camshaft.html

Intake testing
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ttle_body.html
Notice they did not PUBLISH 52mm TB on the stock intake results. I would bet they tested it and it made Edelbrock look even worse.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...t/viewall.html
Here they test Edelbrock heads and cam with stock intake and TB then add the Edelbrock intake and TB and gain 4hp, but again they fail to test stock intake with larger TB, I would bet the stock intake with a larger TB beat the Edelbrock intake, we are talking 4hp I would expect a bigger gain than that from a TB on a near 400fwhp engine.

That is all besides the fact that decent heads/cam LT1s with ported stock parts routinely make over 400REAR WHEEL HP and their testing was flywheel HP.

Pretending a junk product is good hurts the community more than telling someone they fucked up so they can learn and move forward.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr

Pretending a junk product is good hurts the community more than telling someone they fucked up so they can learn and move forward.
PRETENDING your better than people and thrashing their **** makes you an *******!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

My 411 RWHP build was with LE2 Heads and a Stock Intake that was untouched. No porting at all. Stock they are opened up for a 52mm Throttle Body and will love the increased air, but the 58mm is too much.

A 4hp gain is NOT worth $500 and Larry, I know you use the Edelbrock, but you are a supercharged 383 with LT4 Heads and didnt have a WHOLE lot of options since your stock manifold would not work. This guy would hurt himeslf more than help because his pocketbook will be empty and he will be upset that he got less of a gain out of it than a K&N Air Filter (NOT CAI) would give him.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by popo8
PRETENDING your better than people and thrashing their **** makes you an *******!

No bashing an individual because they provided documentation a part you like is **** makes you an *******.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

Come on guys, lets keep this post on track for the OP
Old 04-09-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

The only thing that MAY beat out the stock intake is the TPIS miniram. But we're talking being able to fit it under a stock hood.

The BEST alternative to the stock intake is checking out the threads in the LT1 section on single plane manifolds. But we're talking about bolting those to LT1 engines that will flat out kick your *** on the racetrack.

Glad to see you're going to get your money back. Was going to get one of those Edelbrocks ported for a monoblade but Loyd Elliot himself talked me out of it.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry guys... for those that know, this douche rubs me the wrong way... I dont care if you lose 100hp from a certain brand... WHO IS HE, to thrash other people and their decisions.

I have the air gap on my set up... and Ill be damned if its not a quality piece....

Its one thing to say, "from what I have read, some other person does not feel these (insert item here) have any benefit...." but for him to say.,.. YOU DIDN'T ASK... YOU WASTED YOUR MONEY... FU *******!

If I'm not mistaken DMONEY has the sexy multicolored caprice thats frankensteined together...... BUT who am I to say its an ugly p.o.s, and that he wasted his money buying white wall tires for it because the rest looks like diarrhea after I eat tacos.

breathing......
D-money runs faster than you at the track last time I checked.

Fact is the edelbrock intake is a waste of money and makes no gains at all. The delivery may be a little harsh for your e-vagina but the fact is true. So, get yourself some quality douche and buck up camper.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Z28Camaro30Ann
Come on guys, lets keep this post on track for the OP
For you, I will because I know you do know what your talking about... and even if your saying the same thing as D MOney..... you have the cuth to not be a douch bag ******* while trying to point someone else in the right direction...

You prove it well that you can help someone without bullying them.

F U D MONEY!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Popo and dmoney why dont we take it to the pms and stop cluttering up the lt1 section with sandy vagina arguing. and popo why come to a site that you say you cant stand and talk **** about over on ltx just to start **** why not be the bigger man regardless who's right or wrong which you are in this case. Sorry got respect for you but when your wrong your wrong.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 05HD
D-money runs faster than you at the track last time I checked.

Fact is the edelbrock intake is a waste of money and makes no gains at all. The delivery may be a little harsh for your e-vagina but the fact is true. So, get yourself some quality douche and buck up camper.

Is that because I have not run my car... or because you are misinformed....

See YOU at the shootout. 05HD
Old 04-09-2012, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lethal bird
Popo and dmoney why dont we take it to the pms and stop cluttering up the lt1 section with sandy vagina arguing. and popo why come to a site that you say you cant stand and talk **** about over on ltx just to start **** why not be the bigger man regardless who's right or wrong which you are in this case. Sorry got respect for you but when your wrong your wrong.
Wrong about what? At what point do you even think I am wrong??? Thats number one.

As for this site... its 50% ********.... and 50% decent people... SO when I "talk ****"{ abou this site... its about about the 50% that are ********.\

PS-Do I know you ?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wrong about what? At what point do you even think I am wrong??? Thats number one.

As for this site... its 50% ********.... and 50% decent people... SO when I "talk ****"{ abou this site... its about about the 50% that are ********.\

PS-Do I know you ?
Because your the one that came in here starting ****. I dont think your in the wrong i know you are.

******** meh not really. People with constructive criticism more like it. D money was simply letting the man know he brought the wrong thing with an abrasive attitude. If you call that being an ******* then you take the damn internet WAY to seriously.

No you dont know me im just trying to keep the thread on the right track and keep someone that needs to change there tampon from cluttering up this section. If you want to have a pissing match why not pm the man.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is that because I have not run my car... or because you are misinformed....

See YOU at the shootout. 05HD
Are you going to run at the shootout? That is my aim. If you do, I will run you on motor against your blower.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 05hd
... I will run you on motor against your blower.
deal!

PS keep it even though... Drive your car there....... race.... drive home.

Last edited by popo8; 04-09-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lethal bird
Because your the one that came in here starting ****. I dont think your in the wrong i know you are.

******** meh not really. People with constructive criticism more like it. D money was simply letting the man know he brought the wrong thing with an abrasive attitude. If you call that being an ******* then you take the damn internet WAY to seriously.

No you dont know me im just trying to keep the thread on the right track and keep someone that needs to change there tampon from cluttering up this section. If you want to have a pissing match why not pm the man.

So when I step in because DMoney is "abrasive.." Im so wrong that you stepping in because you think I'm pissy is OK. I dont know who you are, so Im not getting into it with you. However, how about take your own advice... rather than BSn in public you could've kept this from going off track even more by PMn me... but you didnt either. ALSO.. I still have not heard from the OP feeling that its so off track.

Finally My arguments have never been what part is BETTER or not.... it has all been about how Dmoney addressed the OP... as he did with me in the past and so forth. And 05Hd who I thought was a decent person after our last spat..... is still the same Dmoney ball washer I figured he was....

PS- PM me, if you wanna talk.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Launching!

deal!

PS keep it even though... Drive your car there....... race.... drive home.
I like this guy lol
Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

And 05Hd who I thought was a decent person after our last spat..... is still the same Dmoney ball washer I figured he was....
Awwww. Now my feelings are hurt.

I will feel better once I drive twice as far as you and rape your blown car with my all motor car then drive home while you are looking for a tow.

This is the internet. You need to develop a little bit of a thick skin dude!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 05HD
Awwww. Now my feelings are hurt.

I will feel better once I drive twice as far as you and rape your blown car with my all motor car then drive home while you are looking for a tow.

This is the internet. You need to develop a little bit of a thick skin dude!
BLAH BLAH BLAH...NJ is now twice as far from KY than PA???? Anyways..... I accepted your challenge... do you accept the terms?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lt4388stroker
I like this guy lol

Quick Reply: Lt1/lt4 edelbrock intake fitment issue