LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1/lt4 edelbrock intake fitment issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by popo8
BLAH BLAH BLAH...NJ is now twice as far from KY than PA???? Anyways..... I accepted your challenge... do you accept the terms?
I already said, it is on! Bring it!!

This should be fun.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 05HD
I already said, it is on! Bring it!!

This should be fun.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's always fun reading a thread when someone had an epic meltdown.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with popo. Some of you people talk to people on here like they are dirt because they are not at the same level you guys are at. Its not about what you people said its how you said it. Honestly it disgusts me and that why I rarely visit or post on this forum.

You people talk about having a thick skin. But its not about being thick skinned It about you having respect and common decency about the your fellow man. You guys just come on here and talk down to people to act like tough guys and the funny part is that I know 99% of you guys wouldn't say that crap to peoples faces that you type on here.

I have made it a point over the last year or two that IF I wont say it to someones face then I wont post it online.

I don't agree with popos delivery but i do agree with his point.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam1203
I agree with popo. Some of you people talk to people on here like they are dirt because they are not at the same level you guys are at. Its not about what you people said its how you said it. Honestly it disgusts me and that why I rarely visit or post on this forum.

You people talk about having a thick skin. But its not about being thick skinned It about you having respect and common decency about the your fellow man. You guys just come on here and talk down to people to act like tough guys and the funny part is that I know 99% of you guys wouldn't say that crap to peoples faces that you type on here.

I have made it a point over the last year or two that IF I wont say it to someones face then I wont post it online.

Certain guys talk down to other people when they don't run the exact same parts that they run. It gets so old hearing about how incredible so and so's car is and "you should have done more research", and "you blindly put this on your car". Not everyone wants to run the same stuff, get over it.

Side note- none of the **** talkers ever show up to the shootout. They run their mouths ragged online but when it comes time to back up their mouth with a heads up run, they are nowhere to be found. 100% guaranteed the popo will be there, hell he's usually the first guy there, lol.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Well first you made a big mistake assuming the Edebrock stuff was worthwhile, then you made a bigger mistake by ordering just flat out the wrong part. Next time ASK questions before wasting money on junk parts much less buying the wrong parts.

The Egelbrock LT1 heads/cam/intake are a bad joke that make less flywheel HP than decent setups get from ported stock heads at the TIRE, it is just junk, even the magazines they advertise in have a hard time pretending the LT1 stuff is worthwhile.

I want to know how this is so terrible? I didn't say the guy was stupid or anything I said he made a mistake by assuming the Edelbrock stuff was good then made a second mistake by ordering the LT4 PN and suggested he ask first next time. The OP isn't even upset about it and just wants to know how to move forward.
He did think I was a bit harsh on Edelbrock BUT I also think once people read up on the documented testing of it I am not being so harsh, it really is not good. I think the reason we don't see stock intake/bigger TB tested is because it would show just how bad the Edelbrock is.

What is worse for the community, telling folks when they made a mistake and backing it up with data or a few individuals blindly arguing because they don't like someone? I am trying to help the guy correct a mistake and learn from it, several of you are just using this as an excuse to launch personal attacks. Adding no technical content, not even addressing the original topic atall just personal attacks.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Because your talking down to them and it was meant to be inflammatory as much of your posts are. You could have stated it a million ways and with far less wording and effort as you have but you did It in this manner. If you honestly cant see that then i don't know what to tell you.

You could have simply stated

You purchased an LT4 intake that will not mate to lt1 heads. IMHO the cost of the edlebrock Intakes out weights Its Minimal if any gains over the Stock lt1 intake.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Very well said. I think the same way, I would love to just blow up on some people here but what good would it really do. And that is what yellowbullet.com is for hehe
Old 04-10-2012, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
It's always fun reading a thread when someone had an epic meltdown.
I came back to see if anyone comented on my post only to watch this thread go to hell in a handbasket. And what's worse is it's usually the same people that do it too.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 05HD
Awwww. Now my feelings are hurt.

I will feel better once I drive twice as far as you and rape your blown car with my all motor car then drive home while you are looking for a tow.

This is the internet. You need to develop a little bit of a thick skin dude!
Originally Posted by popo8
BLAH BLAH BLAH...NJ is now twice as far from KY than PA???? Anyways..... I accepted your challenge... do you accept the terms?
lol can i play too!!!!!!!??????????? im not afraid of power adders

this is funny btw

and in all reality the edelbrock piece is mediocore.......to put it simply in the OP's case there is much better places to spend $500 to make MUCH more power.......not saying its junk.....just saying you can get more bang for you buck elsewhere
Old 04-10-2012, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

Thank you... and maybe its just built up frustration that has me comming off the way I did. I just hate seeing people get picked on and put down for what they dont know... or because in someone elses eyes they made a bad choice.... so what??? Help them....dont put them down...

Originally Posted by joelster
Certain guys talk down to other people when they don't run the exact same parts that they run. It gets so old hearing about how incredible so and so's car is and "you should have done more research", and "you blindly put this on your car". Not everyone wants to run the same stuff, get over it.

Side note- none of the **** talkers ever show up to the shootout. They run their mouths ragged online but when it comes time to back up their mouth with a heads up run, they are nowhere to be found. 100% guaranteed the popo will be there, hell he's usually the first guy there, lol.
You know i will... and Ill be half in the bag waiting for you all to roll in....

Because your talking down to them and it was meant to be inflammatory as much of your posts are. You could have stated it a million ways and with far less wording and effort as you have but you did It in this manner. If you honestly cant see that then i don't know what to tell you.

You could have simply stated

You purchased an LT4 intake that will not mate to lt1 heads. IMHO the cost of the edlebrock Intakes out weights Its Minimal if any gains over the Stock lt1 intake.
WELL SAID!!!!

Originally Posted by transbird95
Very well said. I think the same way, I would love to just blow up on some people here but what good would it really do. And that is what yellowbullet.com is for hehe

It doesnt do any good... you (ME) just end up looking like as much as an ******* as they are... and I know it. I just cant help myself sometimes... I read comments and instantly I feel my head go HOT....

Originally Posted by Rob94hawk
I came back to see if anyone comented on my post only to watch this thread go to hell in a handbasket. And what's worse is it's usually the same people that do it too.
I apologize. To you and everyone else for butchering the thread....

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
lol can i play too!!!!!!!??????????? im not afraid of power adders

this is funny btw

and in all reality the edelbrock piece is mediocore.......to put it simply in the OP's case there is much better places to spend $500 to make MUCH more power.......not saying its junk.....just saying you can get more bang for you buck elsewhere

See that... HE said it^ and wasnt a dick at all......
Old 04-10-2012, 01:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Edlebrock piece isn't the best deal for the money, but it does have a place in the market. For people with LT4 style heads, and the OEM LT4 intake being discontinued and stupidly expensive to find used, it is a valid option. The air gap is a plus, and has enough room to ice the intake between runs for that little extra "oomph". For those with stockish builds and LT1 style heads, save the coin and have your stocker ported. For those with more racey setups(aftermarket computer, SR, etc), bite the bullet for a single plane swap.

PS: Its not a carb, a 58mm TB will never hurt power. You can't over TB an EFI engine...the worse that can happen is aggressive off idle tip-in.

I can't believe some of the arguments on here over stupid ****, and the way some members treat others and their parts. Save the hate for the 4-bangers and Ford boys - can't we all just get along?!?

Old 04-10-2012, 01:25 PM
11 Second Club

Take a look at the links I posted particularly the last one.

Nobody is looking at the data.

On a 390fwhp engine the Edelbrock intake and TB add 4hp over their stock counterparts. That is $800 worth of parts for 4hp. As I said I think the stock intake with the Edelbrock 52mm TB would have made more power than the Edelbrock intake.
Hell look what an airfoil did for a bolton car.
http://www.ws6.com/mod-4.htm
I bet a $30 airfoil would add more power to the magazine engine than the Edelbrock intake/TB did.

We don't have a lot of data for the Edelbrock intake BUT that is because what little data we do have all shows it to be a waste of money so the people whop are researching things first are not buying it.

Last edited by 96capricemgr; 04-10-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:25 PM
11 Second Club

Well 96caprice is right about the intake, he just posts in a straightforward manner which isnt always received well through the internet. Ive met him in person and hes a decent guy.

I think Popo went a bit overboard on this one.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AChotrod

I think Popo went a bit overboard on this one.

Im not even getting into it anymore.... whatever.

PS- Got the VC's today Mike... ty.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
The Edlebrock piece isn't the best deal for the money, but it does have a place in the market. For people with LT4 style heads, and the OEM LT4 intake being discontinued and stupidly expensive to find used, it is a valid option. The air gap is a plus, and has enough room to ice the intake between runs for that little extra "oomph".

I just bought an orginal lt4 intake for 350 you can find them the orginal
Old 04-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Its not an AI set of heads, its wrong.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Its not an AI set of heads, its wrong.
i guess i need to sell my **** and get me some of those.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:03 PM
11 Second Club

any of the peanut gallery care to discuss technical info? provide some documentation that I am wrong in my assessment?
Old 04-10-2012, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
any of the peanut gallery care to discuss technical info? provide some documentation that I am wrong in my assessment?
No one is disputing that you're wrong. It's your delivery of the correct info that sucks ***. My coil thread is a great example.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...k-voltage.html

Quick Reply: Lt1/lt4 edelbrock intake fitment issue