LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Very loose drivers window, vid inside...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very loose drivers window, vid inside...

Trying to figure out why my Drivers window is so damn loose.. put new motor in (was loose before this), new felt fuzzy things, fiberglass area around motor is solid... but the window moves pretty bad, watch the vid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uYNjgXXIZI

Any thoughts? Im trying to get this resolved while the door is apart
Old 05-08-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

The rivets should all get washers on the back side It gives em somethin to bite to instead of just smc That one rivet wasnt flush/snapped off If you mean grab it & push or pull on it Then you need to adjust those lil metal thing with the felt on em towards the window It should be more snug with the Door panel ON But any rivets like that one isnt properly installed I just checked 4 different doors & all of em move if ya grab em Prolly 1/4 or 3/8ish

Last edited by warriorcustoms; 05-08-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looked to me like the back roller that goes up and down was loose. Is it cracked? That seems to be where you window play is. It is common on these cars. This is what I ended up doing. Ugly weld but window works great.
Attached Thumbnails Very loose drivers window, vid inside...-door-regulator2.jpg   Very loose drivers window, vid inside...-weld22.jpg  
Old 05-08-2012, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the back roller seems a bit loose but doesn't look cracked, i know Dorman used to make a replacement roller but that is discontinued. May try to find something at an auto parts store to fab up and replace the roller. I agree with you that is the area where the movement is
Old 05-08-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 96blackz28
the back roller seems a bit loose but doesn't look cracked, i know Dorman used to make a replacement roller but that is discontinued. May try to find something at an auto parts store to fab up and replace the roller. I agree with you that is the area where the movement is
Good luck I wish I could have went another route but as long as this weld holds I am ok.

Make sure your slide going up and down the roller is on is tight. There are adjustment nuts on the outside.

Quick Reply: Very loose drivers window, vid inside...