LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Eaton SBC Supercharger LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Eaton SBC Supercharger LT1?

Long story short. Was looking to get Dart Pro 1 heads for a SBC and have the cooling and oiling changed over for an LT1 and plus I would have a wider selection for intake manifolds. Anyways, could I have a low profile supercharger manifold and Eaton supercharger? What problems might one run into? This is just a thought, nothing serious btw.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:05 AM
TECH Resident

twin screws or roots have been done on lt1s, normally requires a lot of fabrication and creativity. There are a couple threads that have custom twinscrews on lt1s around they might help you get a gerneral idea of what your looking for
Old 03-04-2013, 08:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You realize that LT1 heads can be modified to accept a SBC intake boltpattern and that would cost less than modifying the cooling?

Far as problems you would run into? Well first you didn't tell us what the vehicle is. If it is a 4th gen f-body as most LT1 vehicles are then cowl clearance is the hard part.

There have been several people who have done Eaton supercharged LT1s, a company even briefly sold a kit for b-bodies but b-bodies have a lot more room than f-bodies.
There was a guy talking about an f-body kit but I think that fizzled.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
You realize that LT1 heads can be modified to accept a SBC intake boltpattern and that would cost less than modifying the cooling?

Far as problems you would run into? Well first you didn't tell us what the vehicle is. If it is a 4th gen f-body as most LT1 vehicles are then cowl clearance is the hard part.

There have been several people who have done Eaton supercharged LT1s, a company even briefly sold a kit for b-bodies but b-bodies have a lot more room than f-bodies.
There was a guy talking about an f-body kit but I think that fizzled.
Well I know that, I got a friend with SBC Dart Pro 1's that he'll sell me for a steal, that's why. And I own a 95 Firebrid

Quick Reply: Eaton SBC Supercharger LT1?