LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Giving some VIN # so they can look at CarFax??

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Giving some VIN # so they can look at CarFax??

Is this alright?? Never really thought about it. Is it a bad idea to give someone the VIN# to my car?? No idea I am selling the car so he wants to look at the CarFax... Yes/No???
Old 05-13-2013, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be on safe side I'd go get one and show him the car fax.that way no possibility he c can get your title .where i'm from it don't have a Lien I new someone that could get one. lol but that was 2 years ago. Sounds stupid huh

Last edited by DisturbedTA; 05-14-2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: formula Joe
Old 05-14-2013, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DisturbedTA
To be on safe side I'd go get one and show him the car fax that way no possibility he c can get your title .where i'm from it don't have a Leann I could get one lol but that was 2 years ago
?????? It would be so nice if you could make better sense of your posts, I truly hate reading a jumbled mess of a statement like so many that you post.... It really makes me not take you seriously and I'm guessing others are of the same opinion.

To the OP, I always ask for the VIN before I go look at a car for multiple reasons, if someone wouldn't give it to me I probably wouldn't consider talking to them again. I would think somethings up. Nor would I see a problem giving someone else the VIN on my car. It's not like they're a big secret, anyone can walk by a car and look at the VIN #..
Old 05-14-2013, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FormulaJoe
It's not like they're a big secret, anyone can walk by a car and look at the VIN #..
/thread
Old 05-14-2013, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FormulaJoe
?????? It would be so nice if you could make better sense of your posts, I truly hate reading a jumbled mess of a statement like so many that you post.... It really makes me not take you seriously and I'm guessing others are of the same opinion.

To the OP, I always ask for the VIN before I go look at a car for multiple reasons, if someone wouldn't give it to me I probably wouldn't consider talking to them again. I would think somethings up. Nor would I see a problem giving someone else the VIN on my car. It's not like they're a big secret, anyone can walk by a car and look at the VIN #..
Sorry you don't like that I don't put punctuations in my sentences! So father I'll try to type better. So far you're the only complaint! sorry op
Old 05-14-2013, 04:13 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wouldn't put much faith in CarFax anyway. My wife's Lexus was hit to the tune of $5000.00. For grins she did the CarFax deal, and it showed the car had never had any damage. Had also been hit on both sides by deer before that, one side one year, the other side the next. Both doors on both sides due to deer hits. None of that showed up.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
I wouldn't put much faith in CarFax anyway. My wife's Lexus was hit to the tune of $5000.00. For grins she did the CarFax deal, and it showed the car had never had any damage. Had also been hit on both sides by deer before that, one side one year, the other side the next. Both doors on both sides due to deer hits. None of that showed up.
HAHA that's an awesome story Ed. Never thought to check myself on a known accident. That is too funny.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:37 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you found something bad about the car it is a good deal, but I certainly would not feel it was for sure a clean vehicle.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

It is a good gesture, but doesn't assure a clean car
Old 05-14-2013, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

Alright thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Giving some VIN # so they can look at CarFax??