LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What muffler for loudmouth exhaust system to make it the quietest it can be?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What muffler for loudmouth exhaust system to make it the quietest it can be?

I have a 383 lt1 94 formula with heads, cam, headers and a supercharger. My exhaust is a loudmouth 2 system with a cat and headers. Before the 383, heads and cam, I really liked the sound of the exhaust but now it's way too loud and I feel like you could hear it 1/4 mile away when I get on it.
What muffler will swap with the slp bullet and be the quietest? I have seen glasspacks that are 3 in. Inlet and 18 in. long from summit cherry bomb etc., I have also seen the spiroflow mufflers from moroso, and magnaflow has a bullet that is about the same size. I'm trying to keep the exhaust and just swap the muffler because it's all stainless. I'm also wondering about power difference, with 550 HP between the quietest mufflers and my options.
Basically what will be the quietest muffler without sacrificing too much HP?
Old 08-25-2013, 08:47 AM
TECH Veteran

LOL I have the same. Just add a magnaflow to the rear and it will quiet it down substantially
Old 08-30-2013, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

By adding a magnaflow to the rear do you mean in addition to the slp bullet?
If so I'm thinking it would have to be before the rear axle where the tailpipes split, so a single in/out magnaflow bullet, or magnaflow glasspack? Any differences in sound between the two, and hp? Any idea on length?

Quick Reply: What muffler for loudmouth exhaust system to make it the quietest it can be?