LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Another nostart issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Another nostart issue

Ok a couple days ago I went through the process of doing a few things with my car.... I replaced the radiator/ installed 2 piece tall valve covers / put in new plug wires and installed a relocation kit to put my alternator down low on the drivers side.... After doing all this the car fired right up fine and took it for a drive.... The next day I came checked the rear diff fluid.... Added a ground to the alt case... Went to start and it just will crank... I went back through and checked wiring... Even replaced the wire on the exciter wire and wire from my racetronix wiring kit with the correct gauge... Put my old coil wire back on .... I have spark at the 1 plug.... My fuel pressure gauge is reading normal ... All fuses are good....any ideas on where or what to look for
Old 08-29-2013, 06:02 PM
TECH Regular

Well got it to start again..... Not sure if it was the problem or just a coincident but I used my factory fob to lock unlock it and then after a lil pumping got it to fire.... Through a code p0123 for tps.... It's not running without giving it a lil gas on its own.... The only thing I removed was I had a Casper voltage booster hooked up there which runs using that harness and the alt harness so not sure if that's the problem and if I should just lengthen the wires on that also and hook it back up in line.... Any input or suggestions?
Old 08-30-2013, 09:50 PM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Put it back how you had it and just wait for it to not start again.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:17 PM
TECH Regular

Well reinstalled the Casper voltage booster and it fired right up.....great......wrong....first off new issue my voltage kept randomly peaking and then dropping back down so I was running at about 13.5 bolts and then every once in a while it would ride up to about 16.5..... Then I let it sit for a few hours and went to start it and wouldn't you know bam wouldn't start again.... Pump the gas and press the pedal and she fires up again and throws a p0123 code again....
Old 10-03-2013, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

well ended up replacing the tps and reseting it and it is running good now
as for the whole charging took the alt to get tested and ended up replacing the regulator as a precaution....doesnt peek now and runs right were it is supposed to most of the time with an occasional low volt prob
Old 10-03-2013, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

well drove it and all seems well
the voltage issueappears to be theexciter wire or harness....i can move it around and see my volts go from 14.5 and drop to 12 and down and then bounce back up to 14.5

Quick Reply: Another nostart issue