LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95 Lt1 Intake Manifold Vacuum Ports question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 95 Lt1 Intake Manifold Vacuum Ports question

Hey y'all,

I have a 95 LT1 Intake Manifold. I want to do some re-arranging because I'm re-routing some hoses, ie. PCV will be used for crankcase evac to vacuum pump and routing opposite direction behind the engine to keep it clean, and adding fuel rail covers so I have not a lot of room to work with so..... I'd like to switch the routing of the EGR and Opti vacuum ports which makes it alot easier to route other hoses etc.

The problem is although I can see the brake booster and EGR clearly just dump into the main part of the intake, the Opti port, although I know it's pulling manifold vacuum, seems to be running differently and I'm not sure where or why? If it has a purpose in routing differently I don't want to arbitrarily start switching ports around with unknown consequences. DOes anyone know where or why the opti vacuum port runs?

Here's a reference pic
Old 06-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It runs to the base of the distributor and is designed to evacuate ozone and other potential contaminants. There are two hoses, the vacuum supply, which you highlighted, and a fresh air supply which is attached to the air intake bellows from the factory.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Teching In

My fault, I dont think I explained my question well.
I need to know if there is some difference in switching the ports INSIDE the intake manifold. They dont all dump into the main galley of the intake, and although Im sure theres a reason, I dont know it or what the implications will be of swapping them.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Teching In

and the same question about the port directly below the throttle body, since I don't a PCV anymore can I re-purpose this as a port for the BOV on my supercharger or will it not register boost correctly? The whole internals of the intake manifold seem to be a mystery.

Quick Reply: 95 Lt1 Intake Manifold Vacuum Ports question