LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

no injector pulse with a noid light

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no injector pulse with a noid light

I purchased a 94 lt1 Camaro and cant seem to get running Its getting spark and fuel pressure I tested the injectors with a noid light and it is not flashing I tried putting another pcm on it and did not fix the problem I checked the firing order and is good I checked all fuses and are good I tried spraying carb cleaner in the throttle body but will not run its backfiring through the throttlebody it has a new optispark installed the security light on the inside is on but not flashing im not sure if it turns off as the car starts up or not I purchased the car not running im debating on switching over to carb if I cant seem to get running I rather keep the fuel injection any help please
Old 10-06-2014, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

I read both of your threads and a good place to start is to check for power to the injectors, that comes from fused ignition. you can find a lot of info an how and what to test here http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech1.html good luck.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:30 PM

I did check for power to injectors and i have power to them i also checked the ohms of every injector and have .09ohms on all i will take a look at the information provided thanks for your help and concern
Old 10-06-2014, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the opti sensor might have something to do with it..
Old 10-06-2014, 07:37 PM

when i bought the car i checked the optispark and there is a brand new one on it would the optispark cause no pulse to the injector? is there anyway to perform test to see if the opti is working correctly? thanks
Old 10-06-2014, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

shbox.com or YouTube will guide you threw it..
Old 10-06-2014, 07:48 PM

thanks a lot
Old 10-07-2014, 07:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Just having a "new" opti doesn't mean it will be a "good" opti. Alot of new ones are cheap Chinese ones that either fail out of the box or the rotor backs off and tears itself apart. I know it's a pain in the ***, but it's free, to just pull the opti and opti harness and pull the opti apart. Inspect anything for wear, then put it back together with loctite on everything. Ohm out your opti harness and wiggle it as you ohm it out for a loose connection. Pull your opti to coil wire and clean and ohm that out. Space the coil away from the head with washers to keep it cool, maybe take it to advance auto and they will test it for free. Triple check your plug wire locations. The carb cleaner trick tells me you have fuel, it seems like a spark issue. Shbox has great diagrams and writeups with values to read. What's your location? Maybe someone is close to you and can come drink beer and give you a hand.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:09 AM

I live in lakeland fl i do have spark to the plug and fuel but i dont think the injectors are getting a signal to provide fuel i did take the opti off and everything looks new one thing i did find was the connecter to the opti had to prongs pushed back i got them to were they needed to be but no luck and the scanners at advance are cheap and half the time the guys there dont even know how to use it i looked at the website im going to do some test when i get off work today and report back thanks
Old 10-07-2014, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

You might need an optical sensor. It can look like new but still be bad.. I'd just replace the opti dude.. The pcm won't send fuel to an engine that can't provide spark..

Last edited by NewOrleansLT1; 10-07-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd look towards the security light on disabling the injectors but that's just me.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^^^ vats.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:54 PM

I did some test that the website said to check the signals from the optispark and are good, it is brand new in not going to rule out the sensor im just going to look toward the vats as of now and im going to post a new thread I was also going to check and see if the rotor button is pointing to number 1 just to ensure the timing is correct. I bought the car none running so do any of you know when I turn my key on is the security light suppose to stay on until it starts up or is it suppose to shut off before it can crank?
Old 10-07-2014, 09:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

VATS will kill the fuel pump, but not injectors. The two things VATS does is allow it to crank and allow the fuel pump to run. If you have both of those, it's not VATS.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:41 AM

Do you have any suggestions where i should look into? Or anything else to test thank you
Old 10-08-2014, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by shbox
VATS will kill the fuel pump, but not injectors. The two things VATS does is allow it to crank and allow the fuel pump to run. If you have both of those, it's not VATS.
You sure on this? I could have sworn it also disables injectors. Mine is all bypassed otherwise I would check. I can't find anything that says one way or the other either.

The PCM reads the fuel enable circuit to determine if fuel injection should be allowed. If the fuel enable signal is not present, the PCM will not allow fuel injection. If the signal is present, the PCM will allow fuel injection and normal engine operation.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
You sure on this? I could have sworn it also disables injectors. Mine is all bypassed otherwise I would check. I can't find anything that says one way or the other either.
Pretty sure, but if his fuel pump runs, then VATS would not seem to be an issue. A trouble code would also be present if there was no fuel enable signal.

OP, you said fuses were ok, but did you actually check for power at the injectors?

Did more looking and the book does say it disables the injectors. Never really had an opportunity to verify that.

OP, you might need to look and see if the 50Hz signal is being sent from your VATS module.

Last edited by shbox; 10-08-2014 at 11:12 AM. Reason: add info
Old 10-08-2014, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

It sounds like he has a few issues but I think the injectors not firing is vats related. Someone probably indexed the opti wrong too
Old 10-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Launching!

When I did my swap I didn't have pulse to the injectors but had voltage, turned out my new gm opti was bad.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a 93 z with the same problem, figured it was vats right away, bypassed it-still nothing. I then noticed the pcm wasn't bolted down t was just hanging by the harness, well all the tension was on the shortest wire in the harness- the blue pulsewidth fuel signal enable which snapped. I'm with shbox on checking the 50hz signal

Quick Reply: no injector pulse with a noid light