LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Chris1313 non A/C on LT1's

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Chris1313 non A/C on LT1's

Has anyone else made one of these work on an LT1? It definately was not just a bolt on ordeal. Had to change how it bent around the core support so it didn't hit the radiator. With the help of the old man we finished it up last week. This was the last tweak I wanted to do to the car over the winter besides the Kooks headers and their TDE. I am hoping for an increase over just running the LS1 style lid setup.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did mine a couple years ago. Over all fairly easy to pull off the biggest part is the trimming of things to make sure its just right. I picked up a solid 2 mph with the ram air and ls1 lid over the lt1 k&n set up.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont remember having any issues with mine. Slid right in place honestly.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I cut the support and laid back the radiator to do the ls1 lid. Then trimmed the chrs1313 thing and slid it down and it hit my hood latch at the bottom, so I trimmed and bent it so it was flush with the air dam. Never got a clean track pass after to get results, but it "looks" like it should help pull cool air instead of the ls1 lid drawing from the front of the radiator. I need to get my *** to the track this year, I haven't gotten to go since fall 2013.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by IrocZ
I did mine a couple years ago. Over all fairly easy to pull off the biggest part is the trimming of things to make sure its just right. I picked up a solid 2 mph with the ram air and ls1 lid over the lt1 k&n set up.
I think what may have caused us more trouble was that I bought a used ram air that was already sealed to a radiator support and set up for an LS1. So it had to be pulled apart re bent and sealed back up. So you picked up 2mph going from the K&N to lid and Chris1313. I always thought that 2mph going from lid setup to adding the ram air sounded like a lot.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
I cut the support and laid back the radiator to do the ls1 lid. Then trimmed the chrs1313 thing and slid it down and it hit my hood latch at the bottom, so I trimmed and bent it so it was flush with the air dam. Never got a clean track pass after to get results, but it "looks" like it should help pull cool air instead of the ls1 lid drawing from the front of the radiator. I need to get my *** to the track this year, I haven't gotten to go since fall 2013.
We cut the ram air rather than cut the latch support. I just sealed up where we cut with good old Gorilla Tape!
Old 02-19-2015, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
I think what may have caused us more trouble was that I bought a used ram air that was already sealed to a radiator support and set up for an LS1. So it had to be pulled apart re bent and sealed back up. So you picked up 2mph going from the K&N to lid and Chris1313. I always thought that 2mph going from lid setup to adding the ram air sounded like a lot.

I followed a couple guys examples on here on how to fit and cut the ls1 rad support to fit the lid and car. Mines trimmed pretty low. And I was stuck at 109 and change for the longest time with the K&N set up. I did a few mods at one time like a chassis mounted tq arm and the lid and ram air was my only mod for power. I kept increasing the mph that day and ended up with the time in my sig
Old 02-20-2015, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok cool man, thanks for posting up.

Quick Reply: Chris1313 non A/C on LT1's