LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

'96 Trans Am Vs Acura Integra Highway Runs

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 04:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '96 Trans Am Vs Acura Integra Highway Runs

Just a quick little story for you guys. I was on the way home last night in my Trans Am from Los Angeles heading back to Las Vegas. Around almost 2 in the morning, and I would say an hour and a half into the drive. I seen this black Acura Integra, messing with people on the highway (04-05 mustang V6, & Cadillac CTS.) and I was just driving normal then all of sudden, I guess he seen the Trans Am logo and the custom frame around my license plate that says "5.7L LT1" panel and he started doing random runs by himself. The fist time he did a pull next to me and threw up his hazard lights. I told my girlfriend who was with me at the time, that "I can't let this dude punk me!" So, I was able to get next to him. Rolled down my passenger window, threw the transmission into 3rd (4L60e) and we were doing a 60 roll. Gave him 3 honks! Boom! I floored it, car automatically downshifts into 2nd and I was already pulling on him for the first 3-5 seconds or more, around 100-105 I had almost put two cars on him. Around 110 I threw up the hazard lights and let off the throttle. Ran it again the second time and 3 honks once more and same out come each every time. I put just about almost 3 cars on him; at 120 I let off, since I was already at 6K RPM. Guy was cool about it and gave me the peace sign and got off on the next exit. For me I just kept continuing on my way back home from California. Random guy was picking on me or underestimating a LT1. Car has a K&N Intake, with a 90 degree nitrous elbow & has a muffler delete.

Last edited by LTX_Alex; 03-09-2015 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good thing you didn't lose to an integra.. I doubt I would race one of those pieces of **** unless he filled my tank for me.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol... I'm trying to cut down on street racing. On the other hand, it was a fun little kill.

Quick Reply: '96 Trans Am Vs Acura Integra Highway Runs